Respected Contributor

Re: Raining in the Southwest !

Yessss, don't ya love it ! I woke to the sound of pouring down deluge ......snuggled back under the covers and fell back to sleep (:

Respected Contributor

@Azcowgirl wrote:

Yessss, don't ya love it ! I woke to the sound of pouring down deluge ......snuggled back under the covers and fell back to sleep (:

Isn't that just the best! 🙆

Honored Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Monsoon in Albuquerque last night.  Rained all the way to work and then the sky really opened up when I parked the car.  By the time I got into work I was soaked.

It was fabulous!

Actually, it's raining right now.  The weeds in my yard -- rejoice!

Im in Rio Rancho and we've had nothing since last weekend.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Monsoon in Albuquerque last night.  Rained all the way to work and then the sky really opened up when I parked the car.  By the time I got into work I was soaked.

It was fabulous!

Actually, it's raining right now.  The weeds in my yard -- rejoice!

Im in Rio Rancho and we've had nothing since last weekend.

That's why I'm so shocked that we're seeing so much moisture in Paradise Hills!  My roses are happy.  And so are all the rogue trees that are popping up in the yard.  In all the wrong places.  With gusto.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624,

Hasn't New Mexico been in a state of drought for some time now? The rain is truely a godsend! Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624,

Hasn't New Mexico been in a state of drought for some time now? The rain is truely a godsend! Woman Happy

Yes, things have been very dry since 2006.  Until last week, the city had only 1.6" of rain for the year.  I've had less at my house.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

We've been in a drought too...and the ground was so hard and dry that all the rain we got in the past two days caused alot of problems...lol...either not enough or too much at once...rock and mud slides closed roads....flooding...today the sun is out and things look so green...DW

Trusted Contributor

Woke up this morning...electricity off then on again...what no internet...lol...????..things back to normal for now...DW

Honored Contributor

Little story to tell on myself :  

When we first moved down here from Southern Ind to Amarillo, Tx they were building our house while we were still up in Ind. This was 2010.

So, we get down here met with the builder and toured the house went outside and I said "you didn't put gutters any where "! My husband said "yeah, I noticed that too, did U forget"?   Builder said "You all ain't gonna need no gutters".   ROFLMAO   We thought we got took.

Now, we know what he was talking about and 1 more thing we wanted WHITE shutters he goes "you sure"? I said, "why yeah it would look good on this reddish brick".   He goes Ok, your the boss.  He never mentioned the fly poo.   Oh, that's why everybody up and down the St. has BLACK shutters. wahhhhhhhhh

End of Nov. I go out and scrub down with scrubbing bubbles.

e5028380.gif

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Kachina624,

Uh, yeah.  Like for a few million years.  And to think -- this state used to be under water!

Typically, humidity here is in the single digits.  And storms -- when we get them -- are spectacular!

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~