Respected Contributor

Re: RUSSIA: Unclear On The Concept!

On 2/7/2014 SydneyH said:
On 2/7/2014 PurpleBunny said:Syd, my DD has an opportunity to tour China next year too. I think she's opting for Europe, instead.

The official class trip is to Italy, but he's uninterested, claims he needs to see the Great Wall.

I wanna go to the panda sanctuary.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Preds ~ HAHAHA!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2014 Predsfan said:

I don't think it's paranoia, but the truth. These poor people are suffering because of him and his "dream". Will they gain anything by the Games being there .....no. They have lost their towns, homes, everything, in order to create his paradise .... for him and his friends.

The "paranoia" is a baseline paranoia each citizen lives with every day. If you didn't live through the Cold War and are not educated in what it did to any one person behind the Iron Curtain, then one's understanding of the word "paranoid" as meant in my piece is watered down.

Respected Contributor

On 2/7/2014 NoelSeven said:

The opening ceremony had numerous nods from different countries to the gay community.

Huffington Post has a feature on that.

Germany's rainbow outfits turned out to be a big coincidence.
( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Meet Johnny Quinn, the breakout athlete of the day in Sochi.

Oh, the American bobsledder hasn't done anything of note yet in his sport at these Olympics. But you wouldn't expect him to in light of how much energy he must have chewed up just emerging from his own bathroom.

It seems Quinn had to stage a breakout after being locked in the bathroom after taking a shower.

Quinn isn't the first athlete to run into inconviences with doors in the dorms, with other competitors noting missing door handles or other hardware.

Surely, though, his solution was the most effective ... and probably the noisiest:

Jonhhy Quinn tweet, courtesy TwitterJonhhy Quinn tweet, courtesy Twitter on Fox Sports

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I saw on Twitter guests were trading doorknobs for lightbulbs.