Respected Contributor

RIP Richard Van Patten

[ Edited ]

It's hard to believe he was 86.  May he rest in peace.  I couldn't type the name he is most known for, but it rhymes with Rick and starts with a 'D'.  Thank you board censors! :-)

Image result for ****** van patten

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Awww, sorry to hear of his passing.  He was a favorite of mine since Eight is Enough.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

May he rest in peace. I cant believe he was 86. Where does the time go? Eight is Enough used to be one of my favorite shows when I was young.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

Amen.

Loved him,in sitcoms,movies and

I saw him in the live play Oklahoma years ago.

He will be missed.

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor
Sorry to hear that. Always watched eight is enough
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

I remember watching Eight is Enough and his numerous guest spots on many 80s shows.

RIP

Respected Contributor

Very pleasant actor.  May he rest in peace.  Wasn't he an animal welfare advocate, too?

I think he played Nils on "I Remember Mama" as a young actor.  It's weird that came to me b/c we never had a TV till long after that very early show was off the air.  I must have read it somewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Richard Van Patten

[ Edited ]

As a little girl, I remember watching him in I Remember Mama.

His half brother Tim was Salami on The White Shadow.

Edit:

I just saw his 1954 wedding picture online. The woman with he and his wife is Peggy Wood who played his mother in I Remember Mama.

Respected Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Very pleasant actor.  May he rest in peace.  Wasn't he an animal welfare advocate, too?

I think he played Nils on "I Remember Mama" as a young actor.  It's weird that came to me b/c we never had a TV till long after that very early show was off the air.  I must have read it somewhere.

Yes, he was either the spokesperson or owner (maybe both?)  of Natural Balance Pet Foods.

http://www.naturalbalanceinc.com/

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James