Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

I see that I have to explain this to you!

Fake as in she wass'nt a psychic!

Pretending because she was American born!

Get it?

Um, okay.  I guess you didn't understand my comment.  A "fake psychic" is redundant because all psychics are fake.

You believe that obviously, but I disagree.  It's a rare gift indeed, and doubtful any of those who exploit it for profit are real.

Respected Contributor

Here's another of her commercials:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr8YiVHiLUI

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

Um, okay.  I guess you didn't understand my comment.  A "fake psychic" is redundant because all psychics are fake.

You believe that obviously, but I disagree.  It's a rare gift indeed, and doubtful any of those who exploit it for profit are real.

I had a so-called psychic tell me about my past one time and how it's affecting my present.  Nothing she said about my past was correct.  I know some people believe in psychics, but I've never been even close to convinced.

Respected Contributor

@Mellie32 - I see.  So, because you've never encountered a true psychic, they can't exist.  Got it.

Respected Contributor

Psychic Marianne says "I knew this thread would end up a mess!"

$50 please

Respected Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Mellie32 - I see.  So, because you've never encountered a true psychic, they can't exist.  Got it.

I don't believe in "true psychics".  I'm all for being convinced otherwise though.  I think it would be awesome if someone actually knew things about me that they could never have known.  And a little creepy.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I remember Miss Cleo. The fake accent and I always wondered who would call her.

Respected Contributor

I don't think her commercials ran here. I read on TMZ that she was only 53 and died from colon cancer that spread to her lungs and liver. How sad.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I don't think her commercials ran here. I read on TMZ that she was only 53 and died from colon cancer that spread to her lungs and liver. How sad.

Yeah, 53 is too young.  I do wonder what she did after she was exposed as a fraud. 

Honored Contributor

via wikipedia....

Subsequent career

Harris voiced the character Auntie Poulet in the 2002 video game Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.[8][9]

In 2003, the New York Daily News reported that TV music network Fuse had signed Harris as a spokeswoman.[10] In early 2005, Harris was reportedly appearing on television as Miss Cleo in advertisements for a used car dealership in Florida, according to the Broward-Palm Beach New Times.[11]

In 2014, using the name Cleomili Harris, she spoke about her experiences in the documentary Hotline.[citation needed]

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein