Honored Contributor

Re: REVIEWS. ARE. VERY. IMPORTANT.....

@SahmIam wrote:

i write reviews for a few sites and put forth what it is I would like to read about a product. Sadly, if the review is negative in any way, the company will often NOT publish it or it will disappear after a few hours/days.

How does that help the consumer? Oh, that's right... it DOESN'T. It helps the VENDOR/STORE. 

I know for a fact that Sephora, Nordstrom and QVC censor; oh  boy, DO they.

@SahmIam  I know what you mean and agree. There are even a lot of reviews that I have seen on the Q that the reviewer doesn't proofread their review and check to see if they are putting the review under the correct item number *rolls eyes*

Honored Contributor

I have been here a long time and I have learned to check reviews very carefully.  If most reviews are favorable I'll take a chance most times and the same if most are negative, I usually pass on that product.  But, I dismiss the ones who haven't even used the product because what could they say that would help anyone.

A lot of us participate in the forums and some very good reviews are shared there as well.  I appreciate people taking the time to write reviews. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

I have been here a long time and I have learned to check reviews very carefully.  If most reviews are favorable I'll take a chance most times and the same if most are negative, I usually pass on that product.  But, I dismiss the ones who haven't even used the product because what could they say that would help anyone.

A lot of us participate in the forums and some very good reviews are shared there as well.  I appreciate people taking the time to write reviews. 

@lucymo  I have written a review for a couple of QVC items I did not purchase. Off the top of my head, one of them was for a Denim & Co tp that I loved except that it was 100% polyester. I wrote the review stating how I wished that the material was breathable for those of us who have personal summers 24/7 like myself...and maybe they could make the same top in a better material next time.

Out of 12 ladies who voted on that review of mine...9 disapproved, however, 3 of them appreciated my review and/or felt the same...so it felt good I helped a few others possibly not buy the top forgetting about that issue Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I have written a review for a couple of QVC items I did not purchase. Off the top of my head, one of them was for a Denim & Co tp that I loved except that it was 100% polyester. I wrote the review stating how I wished that the material was breathable for those of us who have personal summers 24/7 like myself...and maybe they could make the same top in a better material next time.

Out of 12 ladies who voted on that review of mine...9 disapproved, however, 3 of them appreciated my review and/or felt the same...so it felt good I helped a few others possibly not buy the top forgetting about that issue Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise But I can read the fabric content in the description.  I want to know about the fit, runs large or small, tight anywhere, colors true, washes well, you get the picture.  I know by some of the reviews that they didn't read the information but I do and was speaking for myself.  I would call your post a reminder to read the info on the fabric and that would help some people who don't normally check the info and then return the item.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Susan Louise But I can read the fabric content in the description.  I want to know about the fit, runs large or small, tight anywhere, colors true, washes well, you get the picture.  I know by some of the reviews that they didn't read the information but I do and was speaking for myself.  I would call your post a reminder to read the info on the fabric and that would help some people who don't normally check the info and then return the item.

@lucymo  Yes, that's all true, however I wasn't trying to remind others about reading the description. The point of my review was to explain why I didn't purchase it in hopes the powers that be would take my suggestion into consideration...again, also mentioning that the top was lovely...but...

In the end, I thought at least I helped a few others in the process.

I have gotten useful info from reviews who didn't purchase the product bringing up certain points I hadn't considered or thought about too Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

@Susan Louise,

I just read your reply to post about reviews (didnt notice date, you may have posted days ago) and you stated the way you read and determine what reviews to believe.  I found it very interesting and would like to know how I find a reviewers profile/history that you spoke of.  That sounds like such a great way to rule out the "can never be pleased reviewers" vs. "this item isn't worth buying" reviewers.  

Thanks,

judEve

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm the odd man out because I honestly pay very little attention to reviews.  Home type items I do pay more attention to.

But clothing, jewelry or beauty, I really don't look at much.  Everyone's review is nothing more than their opinion of an item.  I've bought items that had very low overall ratings and loved the item and I've bought items that had 4+ star ratings and hated the items.  Everyone's opinion is different.

Case in point.  I was reading some this morning for a coat.  Some of the reviews said the item ran very small, some said the item ran huge and some said it was exactly true to size.  So basically, those reviews are not helpful to me at all.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I agree and I'm the same in that I don't read reviews for clothing, makeup or jewelry - items like that.  I just never found them helpful so I stopped reading them long ago.  (Now my husband can spend hours reading reviews for an expensive tool or something he's considering. I don't have the patience for that!)

Honored Contributor

@judEve wrote:

@Susan Louise,

I just read your reply to post about reviews (didnt notice date, you may have posted days ago) and you stated the way you read and determine what reviews to believe.  I found it very interesting and would like to know how I find a reviewers profile/history that you spoke of.  That sounds like such a great way to rule out the "can never be pleased reviewers" vs. "this item isn't worth buying" reviewers.  

Thanks,

judEve

@judEve  Just click on 'read all my reviews' under the reviewers name...

By doing so, you can see a reviewer's 'average' rating of products...which is on the left side of the small window that pops up. You are also able to read further...their other reviews by clicking on 'see full profile' at the very bottom of the same small window that pops up - bottom right...

HTH Smiley Happy