Honored Contributor

I remember those dice for sure, I too grew up in the 50-60's. I remember lime green dice with white spots hanging from the rear view mirror.

Honored Contributor

My DH has a set of fuzzy dice hanging in our golf cart. They are Pittsburgh black & gold.

Honored Contributor

I do remember them but looking back now to the mid to late 60's I am glad my Mom never put them in her car.  She drove a Pink Edsel.  I still remember that car and at the age of 6 in 1968 I was so happy when she traded it in for a spankin brand new '68 mustang!  That Mustang went from her to my oldest cousin, to her younger sister (my cousin too), then back to my little brother for all their first cars.  He finished it off for the heap pile but it lasted from 1968-1981 and mostly all teenagers.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I'd love to have a pair of lime green dice with black dots!  'You know'...........we can probably make our own, if we can find foam square blocks.  Or somehow cut them out of a larger piece of foam.  Then glue on fuzzy fleece (or felt) in our choice of color, and then glue on (or sew on)  black felt dots.  Would be a cute DIY, especially if we cannot order or find the color combination that we like in already made dice.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  They would be cute as handbag accents/key rings, too.  Maybe in smaller versions. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I believe I have a pair of big fuzzy dice, in white with red dots, somewhere.  They haven't been in my car for some time now.   I never knew if there was some specific meaning about it, but always thought they were cute.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: REMEMBER DICE IN CARS??

[ Edited ]

Nice thread topic!  I do remember fuzzy dice.  Where I lived south of Boston it was also pretty common to see tiny statues of the Virgin Mary on the dashboard.

My parents thought mirror decorations (even the dangling green pine deodorizers for smokers, which are still sold at my car wash) were a visual hazard when driving. 

We weren't allowed to eat in the car, either.  Even an ice cream cone was finished before we entered the portals.  No fun!

Honored Contributor

If I do find or DIY a set, I'll hang them (from the mirror), using clear fishing line.  The two dice will be positioned lower than my dashboard.  That way, no driving hazard.  True, they are a driving hazard if they hang right in the middle of the windshield.