Valued Contributor

RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TRADER JOE'S SHOPPING SPREE

I live two hours from a Trader Joe's so I have not been in a couple of years.  Going this Sunday with some friends and would appreciate your recommendations!

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: RECOMMENDATIONS FOR TRADER JOE'S SHOPPING SPREE

Love their pastas, and marinated meats for nights when I in a hurry.  Dark chocolate peanut butter cups!!  Oh my!  I've rarely purchased something I don't like. Have a great time.

Trusted Contributor

I love their Mac&cheese in the frozen section & lots of other frozen prepared foods. I also like their macadamia nuts, tea & they have better oranges than my regular supermarket.

Honored Contributor

If you like pot stickers, theirs are very good!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I like frozen hasbrowns that are in a patty shape...bake them and they get crispy on the outside.Love the frozen orange chicken but it isn't really healthy.i always buy the chia bars to snack on because they are really low sugar,taste great and made with good ingredients.The cheeses are good and I think fairly priced.I buy their organic chicken breast too and we love the apple smoked bacon.

Honored Contributor

I am not a regular customer but once in a while I stop in.  I would say that you are safe with whatever you pick out.  They do have good hummus and good frozen salmon.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Their canned stuffed grapevine leaves (dolmas) are wonderful, and very well priced. Great addition to a Greek salad, IMO. 

Respected Contributor

These are the things I love from Trader Joe's:

Chocolate Covered Almonds

Dark Chocolate Covered Powerberries

Gummy Tummies (Gummy snacks with juice in side)

Trader Joe's Spray Sunscreen

Trader Joe's Midsummer Night's Cream (super moisturizing and super cheap)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their new Carabao sweet dried mango- unsulfured and unsweetened. They are super soft and sooooo good! I like them much better than their Just Mangos, which are also unsweetened by not as flavorful and tough like jerky. 

Love their organic Opal apples- so good!

And, of course, must get some wine! My newest favorite (and cheap!) is their organic Grifone Pinot Grigio. Not too sweet, not too dry. Very light, juicy notes.

Image result for grifone pinot grigio

I also love their aged cheeses. So good with pears or apples.

And if you like tortilla chips but are watching your salt intake, they have awesome organic no salt tortilla chips. We love them!

Image result for trader joe's organic no salt chips

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Their number one best seller is Asian ORANGE CHICKEN.  As good as in a restaurant.  Frozen section, comes in a bag.  Serve over rice.

I love their Teriyaki chicken, also frozen and comes in a bag.  Always good, just serve over rice.  I always keep it around for a night when I don't want to cook.