Respected Contributor

Re: RE: Too Many Prepared Foods on QVC

I have no interest in buying kitchen gadgets, pots, pans, etc.  But I but a lot of food from QVC and like the convenience, find the cost acceptable for the most part, and like most of the things I have bought.  

Honored Contributor

@lacelady wrote:

I see a disturbing trend this year of more and more prepared foods being sold on QVC.

On the food shows maybe 1-2 items of these were shown.  That is fairly tolerable, but

now there is a large increase.   They are expensive and over-priced.  Free shipping is

advertised.  However, I believe that the selling price is increased to compensate for

this.  I personally watch the food shows for actual kitchen items and cookbooks, as

well as inspiration to prepare home meals myself, not to buy over-priced already

prepared ones!  Your thoughts on this?

@lacelady

Hmm ....  I'm not sure why you think this is "disturbing", but prepared foods are sold everywhere .... and they really can't sell every day, ordinary dishes on the air.    It has to be special.   Obviously, they are selling well.  

I think most people enjoy the CONVENIENCE FACTOR of prepared foods ..... whether it be deli dishes, Chinese food delivered or a pizza you pop in the over for 20 minutes.

I also get the impression that a lot of these orders are gift items sent to other addresses.     Sometimes paying a premium  for having something really special sent to loved ones is really worth the extra cost.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe

Thank you! I have 2 cats and the one pictured is my youngest--she's a sweetheart so very gentle ...a bit talkative...Heart

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe

Thank you! That is one of my kitties, my youngest--she's a sweetheart so very gentle ...a bit talkative...Heart

Well, she's a real cutie pie.  Like it when a cat is talkative......that tells you something about their personality.  Mr Mr. Lucky is very talkative.  He can be in another room and will start his talking to me.  Then eventually he will be sitting front me with the look of like "didn't you hear me talking to you?"

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ShowMe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe

Thank you! That is one of my kitties, my youngest--she's a sweetheart so very gentle ...a bit talkative...Heart

Well, she's a real cutie pie.  Like it when a cat is talkative......that tells you something about their personality.  Mr Mr. Lucky is very talkative.  He can be in another room and will start his talking to me.  Then eventually he will be sitting front me with the look of like "didn't you hear me talking to you?"

@ShowMe

Yep, she is especially talkative and fussin at me to get to bed when it's past our usual bedtime and I'm still up watching a movie or something......Cat LOL   Your right the talking just adds to their personality and interaction which makes the relationship special....Cat Very Happy

Well your Mr. Lucky sounds like a special kitty and he wants to make sure he's heard....don't you wish we could understand what they are saying....but then again--- maybe not...Cat LOLCat Wink  So what kind of cat is your Mr. Lucky?  Give him a hug for me....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe

@ShowMe

Yep, she is especially talkative and fussin at me to get to bed when it's past our usual bedtime and I'm still up watching a movie or something......Cat LOL   Your right the talking just adds to their personality and interaction which makes the relationship special....Cat Very Happy

Well your Mr. Lucky sounds like a special kitty and he wants to make sure he's heard....don't you wish we could understand what they are saying....but then again--- maybe not...Cat LOLCat Wink  So what kind of cat is your Mr. Lucky?  Give him a hug for me....

What I would like to know is when he is looking at me for a long time.....that is when I would like to know what he is thinking.

If you go to the very beginning of the "ShowMe's Mr. Lucky" thread here on Community, you will see a picture of him when he was a baby.  Needless to say, he just doesn't look like that now.  Everyone thought he was mostly Siamese......but no, he looks much different today.  Is mostly very dark and has very definite markings.  I don't have a picture to post of him how he looks today.  But, he is a real beauty, and a big boy.  Will be 4 next month.  He owns me, I don't own him......lol. 

Well, I am very tired tonight, so I am going to sign off.  Thanks for chatting.  Sweet dreams......

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@lacelady wrote:

I see a disturbing trend this year of more and more prepared foods being sold on QVC.

On the food shows maybe 1-2 items of these were shown.  That is fairly tolerable, but

now there is a large increase.   They are expensive and over-priced.  Free shipping is

advertised.  However, I believe that the selling price is increased to compensate for

this.  I personally watch the food shows for actual kitchen items and cookbooks, as

well as inspiration to prepare home meals myself, not to buy over-priced already

prepared ones!  Your thoughts on this?

@lacelady

Hmm ....  I'm not sure why you think this is "disturbing", but prepared foods are sold everywhere .... and they really can't sell every day, ordinary dishes on the air.    It has to be special.   Obviously, they are selling well.  

I think most people enjoy the CONVENIENCE FACTOR of prepared foods ..... whether it be deli dishes, Chinese food delivered or a pizza you pop in the over for 20 minutes.

I also get the impression that a lot of these orders are gift items sent to other addresses.     Sometimes paying a premium  for having something really special sent to loved ones is really worth the extra cost.    

And as the nation's demographic (not just QVC's) is changing, there is the fact that many people don't have the time, the energy. The desire or the space in which to cook. So, going forward there will be more limited demand for tons of kitchen "stuff" that won't be used much 20 years from now. But people will always need to eat, even if they won't always need or want a KitchenAid.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@ShowMe

@ShowMe

Tee hee @Spurt when I had my Chloe you could set a watch to when the glare would start if we weren't heading upstairs . . . Heart

Honored Contributor

You seem to be confusing Qvc with The Food Network.  Qvc is retailer, it's not an entertainment channel.  It makes perfect sense that they would showcase food on their cooking shows because most people who cook do eat food.  Showing food on handbag and jewelry shows wouldn't make much sense.  Price is relative, what you consider to be overpriced, is cheap to someone else.  Watching Qvc is a choice, if something isn't working for you, don't watch. 

Honored Contributor

LOL...I was looking at a cake the other day here that looked very good...smaller then a normal cake but looked like something we would enjoy. Then I checked the price...some where around 59.00.

Image result for shocked gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**