Esteemed Contributor

Re: Quit saying "It's so money"!!! Please!!!!

@Another new name Sue wrote:

References to money, the Hamptons, Beverly Hills, etc. are rather insulting to the viewers as if we are a bunch of unsophisticated hicks aspiring to look like we are wealthy fashion icons. It's so superficial. Everyone wants to look at least nice, but I don't buy things because they are worn on Madison Ave.  ridiculous. 

I completely agree!

And as someone who lives in NYC and the Hamptons, I can tell you that what they say is "very Madison Avenue" or "so Hamptons" almost all the time absolutely is not.  I cringe every time I hear it.  It's very misleading and completely obnoxious.

Honored Contributor

Well, I feel like I've been shot by an arrow!  My sorrow is.......well....it's bad.  For real.

I've always liked Sean and thought she was genuine (and perhaps she is).  However, at two different times while on TV she said the same thing.  It was (paraphrasing, "I'm not really a person who cares about purses, but this is my favorite purse.  I really like this purse".  (It was an Or'yany the purse with all of the things hanging from it,  and the other was the TSV presentation of Dooney).

I just always felt she was being genuine (like she used to be able her feet problems and stuff).  I know she's a sales person, but come on, don't say you aren't a purse person and then tell me this is your favorite purse (and make a big deal about it) and then minutes later tell me another one is your favorite purse and 'you aren't a purse person' and that's a totally different brand.

OK, I'm over it now.  I just feel like I learned about Santa.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Well, I feel like I've been shot by an arrow!  My sorrow is.......well....it's bad.  For real.

I've always liked Sean and thought she was genuine (and perhaps she is).  However, at two different times while on TV she said the same thing.  It was (paraphrasing, "I'm not really a person who cares about purses, but this is my favorite purse.  I really like this purse".  (It was an Or'yany the purse with all of the things hanging from it,  and the other was the TSV presentation of Dooney).

I just always felt she was being genuine (like she used to be able her feet problems and stuff).  I know she's a sales person, but come on, don't say you aren't a purse person and then tell me this is your favorite purse (and make a big deal about it) and then minutes later tell me another one is your favorite purse and 'you aren't a purse person' and that's a totally different brand.

OK, I'm over it now.  I just feel like I learned about Santa.

@Annabellethecat66, your post is so adorable - it made me chuckle.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.