Trusted Contributor

Re: Quit saying "It's so money"!!! Please!!!!

The terms "it's so money" and "it's the monied look" make me cringe.  I don't want to look like money.  I want to look like me.

I like some designer things.  But I also like some simple things.  I dress for me and I have no desire to pretend I'm something that I'm not.

I know some people who solely strive for that "look of money."  They drive themselves crazy worrying about how they look to everyone else that they think has "money."

I'm an original!  I don't want to be a copy of somebody else! 

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Trusted Contributor

I toally agree what ever the sale pitch is ,my buying is if I like it for my personalty then it works.Some of the sale pitch almost makes me laugh.I have been around a long time,so I do not fall for it,off the tvgoes.

Respected Contributor

I have to laugh and shake my head at some of these hosts.  They really need to see tapes of themselves to see how ridiculous they sound.  One in particular.  Trying too hard with the upscale spiel,  talking about the place with valet parking, etc just about every day while on air.  It's obvious that's where she shops.  She wants to project a certain image, but every time she opens her mouth she inserts her foot with her expensive, non QVC shoes!  The other day while presenting a cheap trinket, she said it would be good for St. Patrick's Day.  In the next breath, she says, "When is St. Patrick's?  Some time in February?" 

Honored Contributor

@Suzy CurlyQ wrote:

I like stuff to be well made, quality, long lasting, beautiful, colorful, soft, gentle, ect ect ect! But I will never buy something when you say It's so MONEY! What the heck does this mean? REALLY!!! And I don't want to hear something is worn in the Hamptons or Beverly Hills! Are these places where the nice clothes are worn? I see nicely dressed people every single day here in Oklahoma! Annnd I actually turned the channel the other day when my favorite host said the condescending "It's so money"!  It just turned me off to watching her at that point. I usually love her presentations too! 

I've never heard any host say this .... which only means I really am watching a lot less QVC.

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

who says that? What a stupid phrase. Does anyone really buy into things like that?

----------------------------------------

When I watched more QVC, I heard Isaac and Shawn say that phrase often.  It sounds so phoney, I really don't see how that helps to sell an item! 

Respected Contributor

I love it when IM says it, then you look at his shoes and he's wearing plastic sandals!

Seriously.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

The only place I have heard that phrase is DDD,  Guy says "this is so money" or "that is money" in reference to something he really likes, or knows will sell well in one of the diners, drive in's or dives.  In that case the phrase is being used appropriately

I think it is a little down grading and insulting to a QVC buyer at home for a host to use that saying..  It is like they are bragging about the money they will make from the item they are selling to us.

BTW, I was alway taught that people who have real money don't feel the need to show it..

Trusted Contributor

Plastic shoes with no socks.....eeeeooooo.  poor I.M.  Times must be tuff.

Valued Contributor

@corita wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

who says that? What a stupid phrase. Does anyone really buy into things like that?

----------------------------------------

When I watched more QVC, I heard Isaac and Shawn say that phrase often.  It sounds so phoney, I really don't see how that helps to sell an item! 

Bingo! She recently asked what would your "dream job"? Doesn't she already have it!?! She proceeded to say thing like, a celebrity, the president! "I could do that"!!!. And to top it off~ "a star" 🌟 Oh please? Really? 

The next day I was passing thru the channels and saw her hawking her "Spiritual Jewelry", she said in her jibberous that she had recently read a prayer that "the stars in the night sky were our departed loved ones were looking down on us" and she just couldn't remember at the moment. Here you go SK......ever heard of Charles Shultz?

image.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Isn't that the business plan of QVC ? to sell the idea of the look of money for the average people ?