Honored Contributor

🚽 Quick Bathroom Cleaning 🛁

How to clean your bathroom in 10 minutes or less

Gather your bathroom cleaning supplies

What makes this cleaning routine so efficient is that I keep the cleaning supplies in my bathroom, ready to go. Under your bathroom sink or tucked in the linen closet, keep:

• Disinfectant wipes
  • Toilet brush
  • Scrub-free shower and tub cleaner
  • sponge
  • Glass cleaner
  • Paper towels
  • A mop with disposable cleaning pads (like a Swiffer) 

Rubber gloves are optional.

How to clean your bathroom fast

Now that you have everything ready to go, you just need to work some cleaning tasks in with all the other things you do in the morning.

• Spray and soak: As soon as you walk into the bathroom, spray your tub or shower all over with cleaner. Let it soak in while you move onto the next step.
  • Spray the toilet: Spray the inside of the toilet bowl with the tub cleanser (yes, it works on toilets, too), then wipe down the outside with disinfectant wipes.
  • Wipe and rinse the shower: Next, wipe down the tub and/or shower with your sponge and rinse off the surfaces while you're waiting for the water to heat up for your shower or bath.
  • Brush the toilet: After you get dressed, run the toilet brush around the toilet bowl a few times and flush.
  • Clean the mirror: Before you brush your teeth, spray the mirror with cleaner. As you brush your teeth with one hand, wipe down the mirror with a paper towel with the other hand.
  • Wipe the sink and counter: After you do your hair, shave or do your makeup, grab a disinfectant wipe and wipe down the sink, faucet and counter.
  • Quick swipe across the floor: As you're about to leave the bathroom, give the floors a once-over with the mop and toss the cleaning pad.
Now, of course you will only need to clean your shower and/or tub once a week or so, but the other items in your bathroom that should be cleaned daily can easily be worked into your everyday routine. You can even follow these steps to quickly get your bathroom clean right before company comes over.

cnet.com/how-to/step-by-step-clean-bathroom-under-10-minutes/

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Re: 🚽 Quick Bathroom Cleaning 🛁

I can’t clean and brush teeth at the same time....something would go wrong.I like the ten minutes idea.That is a quick not thorough job so it is good for in between cleans but the I will try out some of the tips.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac......oh my gosh.....that sounds like what my cleaning girl does when she cleans my bathroom.  Only she doesn't brush her teeth, shower, etc. in my apartment.  But the bathroom is the first place she heads for when coming here to clean and then gathering up her cleaning supplies.  She does the floor on her hands and knees.....small bathroom.  

In between cleanings, I do keep the toilet and sink area clean.  

Honored Contributor

@ShowMe

My cleaning girl does the exact thing.  And sings while cleaning the bathroom!  The first time I saw her on her hands & knees doing the floor(s), I aksed her if she forgot her mop, cause I have one she could use. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I love ideas like this from people who are more consistently organized than I am, thanks @Mz iMac!

Honored Contributor

‘Daily’...?

Who’s bathroom gets that dirty on a daily basis?

Honored Contributor

CC1DC9AE-A4A1-471B-93AB-7D2F99D624E5.jpeg

@Mz iMac

Great ideas. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

THE BIGGEST TIMESAVER IS TO HAVE EVERYTHING RIGHT THERE IN A CLEANING KIT. 

I have new I-robot vacuum, and that is the first thing I start up, since hair on the bathroom floor is always an issue, and best to vac it while the floor is still dry.  

Pour pinesol in toilet.

I do something else for the couple of minutes like make my bed, while vac does it’s job, then I am back in the bathroom to take a shower.

Afterwards, That’s the best time to spray the cleaner in the shower and scrub with tub mop with netting on end. A great scrubber!

After makeup, spritz sink and toilet. Damp mop now hair-free floor if needs. All done..Mirrors as needed.

Trusted Contributor

I guess I see how that process could save time, but something about doing the actual cleaning of the dirty fixtures, and cleaning myself at the same time, is psychologically off-putting to me. 

Seems wrong somehow. I think I might get all confused, too, but the truth is, it doesn't take very much to confuse me these days.

Whatever works for you, though, that's the important thing.

Esteemed Contributor

Interesting suggestions - thank you! Although cleaning the mirror while brushing my teeth would be a challenge for me! Also, I've eliminated those toilet brushes and replaced them with the Clorox toilet bowl cleaners that have the disposable scrubbers on the end of the wand....so much cleaner to use and they seem to clean better.