Super Contributor

Question for those that care....I made a doctors appointment

because for 6 weeks or so inside my nose I have had a knot and it is red and a dot of whitish and it is a bit scary. I am going to my ENT Friday but I was wondering if anyone else has had this in their nose. Thank you. I am not asking for a diagnoses but to see if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for those that care....I made a doctors appointment

Not a knot but hot spot which went away on its own. Glad you are having it looked at.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Frequent Contributor

No I haven't. But it's always a good idea to see a doctor if nothing else to ease your mind. Good luck and I hope it isn't anything serious.

Super Contributor

Sounds like an ingrown hair that became infected and turned into a boil perhaps. Good you are going. They will lance it probably and give you antibiotics. Being that it is in your nose, and close to the brain, it is always good to go to a doctor.
Super Contributor

R&R: Sounds like a pimple or an ingrown hair. But I'm not a doctor, nor am I married to one, so don't think I'm giving a diagnosis.Wink

You'll be fine - but it's always good to have anything unusual checked out.

Super Contributor

I don't think it is a boil because it does not look infected and it does not hurt? Thank you for your post and it is a bit scary. I know that boils hurt and are sensitive. I mean I don't see puss and I know boils have them. I should not have waited this long.

Super Contributor

Oops I didn't see gazelle's post.

Super Contributor

On 3/14/2014 Rainbows and Roses said:

I don't think it is a boil because it does not look infected and it does not hurt? Thank you for your post and it is a bit scary. I know that boils hurt and are sensitive. I mean I don't see puss and I know boils have them. I should not have waited this long.

How long has it been there can I ask?
Respected Contributor

Good for you R&R at least you will get a answer to your problem. Miss seeing you on here so it nice to see you tonight. Take care and I hope it is just a minor problem for you to deal with. Please let us know how your doing after your appointment.

Super Contributor

Hello Thank you Cater..........the knot has been in my most about 6-8 weeks I think. It does not hurt and I touch it every day......I need to leave it alone. I press on it and it does not hurt but I wish I could get in before next Friday.