Valued Contributor

Hello Everyone!

I like to get the Sunday newspaper because I save a lot on the paper coupons that they offer. The newspaper rates are going way up, and I can't keep paying those costs.   

I go on-line for some coupons, but I don't like to have to put my name in everywhere and e-mail.   And, sometimes my printer won't even print the coupons.

I save a lot of money each week with the paper coupons.   I could go out and buy a Sunday paper each week, but that defeats the purpose of canceling the subscription, since the single paper isn't that cheap.

I could ask neighbors to save them for me, but I don't like to bother others and they may forget, or of course, use them themselves.   

I am wondering where we can still get those inserts?   It would be beneficial to the manufacturers to get as many people to use their products, so I would think they might be obtained somewhere???

I am so tired of everything changing.   Everything is at a cost.   I just took a walk earlier and a lady stopped me and asked how many "steps" I take.  I told her I walk 45 min and don't keep track of my steps.  I told her they want you to buy the little gadget to count them, when you can just walk and walk the best you can as long as you can.   Simple as that!

I could go on and on.   Like when they discontinue make-up products only to bring out so many new ones that you have to be a millionaire to afford it all.

Well, that's all I have to say for a Sunday.   I just hope I can get those coupons somewhere else.

Peace all!

Honored Contributor

Re: Question for Coupon Savers

You our can go online and on some sites down load coupons.  I saw on the coupon show the was on TV a while ago, many people dumpster dived for coupons ...but, with recycling I guess you would need to do it in a newspaper recycle dumpster  perhaps?

Trusted Contributor

Check your grocery store's web site online. The Kroger web site, for example, lets you choose coupons that are saved autoomatically to your loyalty card.  That way you don't have to have paper coupons.  When your card is swiped, any coupons that apply to your order are automatically used & they stay on your card until they expire so can be used more than once.  You can also print out a list of the coupons that you have chosen so you don't forget to pick up those items.  Some of them are as generic as save $3 off of a meat or fresh vegetable purchase and many different brands of products are available.   I also take paper coupons with me but always add coupons through the web.

If you actually use paper coupons, then I'm not sure why you wouldn't buy a newspaper to get the inserts.  Even if a paper costs $2, if you use enough coupons you will save a lot more than that.  Check with your local paper to see if you can get a Sunday only subscription that will give you the paper at a cheaper rate than at the stores. 

Honored Contributor

The dollar stores sell the Sunday paper for a buck on Monday..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

You can also buy a Sun paper at places like Walgreens. I love getting my coupons in the Sun paper, we still save lots of money using them.

Respected Contributor

I'm not sure this will help in your situation, but here a New Orleans newspaper has an office locally and they have a box of free papers outside the office.  It doesn't include the entire paper, but has all the coupon sections in the free box, along with a few other things.  

I don't know the cost of newspapers where you are, but you might be able to just have the Sunday paper delivered.   Winn Dixie puts all their coupons on the Internet, so I get lots of them there. And you're right, they don't always want to print properly.  

Recently a lot of companies (w/coupons) left one newspaper and went to another.  They now have exclusive rights to that group of coupons.  I don't know where I would get them otherwise, unless I asked a couple of people I know well to save theirs for me.  I hope you can find some way to get the coupons  you need.  And I applaud you for trying to save some money. Very few people seem to do that anymore.  God Bless!

Respected Contributor

Our dollar tree sells Sunday paper on Sundays for $1 but they limit you to 2 papers. I shop at Kroger & use their site. Most of the time Kroger's site has the same coupons that are in the Sunday paper. I love they download it to your shoppers card, no printing or cutting plus saves cashier time also.

Honored Contributor

You can buy newspaper coupons on eBay.  Just need to be careful to read the details of the auction.  Sometimes the coupons are cheap, but they charge a lot to ship them.  It used to be a lot better, but eBay raised their fees and the sellers had to pass it along in their auctions. Many sellers left.  I pay no more than 10 cents each and only buy ones with $1 value, as my store doubles them.  

Respected Contributor

@Frosted Cake...I hear ya! You sound just like me talking about prices. Everything keeps going up and up, except our SS income. I am an avid coupon user. Instead of cancelling your entire newspaper subscription, could you just get the Sunday paper delivered? Or as a couple other posters suggested, go to Dollar Tree if there is one near you. I have always had good luck downloading and printing coupons from Coupons dot com. Good luck!

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Stopped cutting out coupns....at my age (65) I don't need to buy 3 of something to use a coupon.......