Respected Contributor

Re: Question for Coupon Savers

@nana59 wrote:

Stopped cutting out coupns....at my age (65) I don't need to buy 3 of something to use a coupon.......

I won't use a coupon either if I have to buy three items to save a few pennies. I am selective about which coupons I use. Some stores allow you to combine their own coupons with mfg. coupons, which is a good savings many times. Two days ago I used a coupon for cat litter, buy one, get one free. I saved $8. I color my own hair, so use the buy two, save $5 coupon that is often in the coupon inserts.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

Check your library, sometimes they have a box where people can swap coupons. 

I get multiple papers and print online, I save a ton. Worth the cost to me.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the great advice!

I can't just get the Sunday paper unfortunately, they make you get it at least 2 days a week.

I love the idea of the dollar stores!   I would never have thought of that.

I do have a Kroger here, and use their digital.   I don't think all their coupons match the Sunday ads, but some do, for sure!

I don't buy bulk either, but sometimes I'll find coupons for bathroom tissue or condiments like ketchup and salad dressings.   I also love the ones for baking and foil and the like.  I love to find the ones for my Ultimate Flora probiotics which I use at the specialty store.   Some companies can be so stingy about sending coupons when you call them. It helps sales!

I think I'm just an old fashioned gal.  

Respected Contributor

RedPlum, Smart Source and P&G have some coupons from the inserts online you can print.

I do like the ones loaded to my store card, but they don't double. 

Valued Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

RedPlum, Smart Source and P&G have some coupons from the inserts online you can print.

I do like the ones loaded to my store card, but they don't double. 

So very true.    Many stores do double the paper coupons, not all, but many I do go to.   It is a good savings at times.

Honored Contributor

Lots of good suggestions have already been listed:  for example,$1.00 Sunday paper at Dollar Tree, printable coupons at sites like Coupons.com, SmartSource, and Red Plum, and clipping services (you can find them online).  Another idea:  You can find "Sunday Coupon Preview" online, which tells you mid-week which coupons will be in the coming Sunday paper.  There are regional variations, so it won't be completely accurate every time, but it can give you an idea whether you want to buy the Sunday paper.  Finally, manufacturer websites often have printable coupons, though some require you to register (e.g., Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Campbells, Kelloggs, Unilever, etc.).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most stores offer coupons at their website.  Safeway for instance has Just for U.  $300.00 this week in coupons.  REDPLUM and SMARTSOURCE do have coupons available on the websites free.

Option #1: Buy Whole Coupon Inserts Online

You can get whole coupon inserts online through sites like GetCouponInserts &WholeCouponInserts for around $.50 – $1.00 per insert. Depending on how many inserts are in that weeks paper and how much your local paper is, it may be less expensive to purchase them online.

For example: WholeCouponInserts.com has a Combo Pack of 6/16 Inserts (10 Redplum & 10 SmartSource) priced at $17.99. If I were to buy 10 Sunday papers at the new price, I would pay $25.00. I would save a whopping $6.00 by purchasing the inserts online.

Option #2: Buy Individual Clipped Coupons Online

If you are the type of couponer who just does a few deals here and there or are pretty brand specific, it may be a good idea for you to consider buying individual coupons rather than an entire insert. Sites like MyCouponHunter or CouponThingsByDede both offer a selection of clipped coupons ranging anywhere from $.10 to a $1.00 a piece depending on the value of the coupon

Honored Contributor

I actually have a free local paper that sometimes gets delivered once a week that has the coupon inserts in them.  I like it although I don't buy much that has a coupon attached to it these days but it saves me the Sunday paper I used to buy every week.  

If you have one of those, see if you can get on their delivery route or maybe they are put out somewhere around town like others have suggested.    

Honored Contributor

@Frosted Cake

Have you looked on The Krazy Coupon Lady?  This site has a whole community of helpful people and coupons to print.

Also Checkout 51 is a site that sends different offers each week. This site is in addition to your coupon savings. The way I understand the site is the more offers you redeem, the site increases the number of offers they send you. HTH