Respected Contributor

Question For Those With Stainless Appliances...

I clean mine with a very soft damp microfiber cloth.  I've read the slight film put on these stainless appliances has to be rubbed off.  

How long does it take to come off?

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: Question For Those With Stainless Appliances...

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I clean mine with a very soft damp microfiber cloth.  I've read the slight film put on these stainless appliances has to be rubbed off.  

How long does it take to come off?

TIA

@Sunshine Kate- how long does it take the film to come off?  I didn't really think they had a film on them. In any case, I clean our refrigerator door and dishwasher door with a damp paper towel. That's all it takes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

all kinds of SS appliance cleaners out there. $ store carries them.

Water marks running down from the ice and water dispensers is the worst.

Plain water isn't gonna get rid of them.

170219_220247_58652294.gif

Valued Contributor

I use Lemon Pledge to polish my stainless steel.  Works very well.  Name brand works better than generic.

Frequent Contributor

I use orange pledge the lady at lowes told us it works great when we bought all our appliances. It really work good.

maryJo Ut.

Honored Contributor

Weiner brand is good too.

However, it's spelled. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Weiner brand is good too.

However, it's spelled. LOL

Weiman s/s wipes, but I don't think that's her question. Not sure what the OP means by a film? @Sunshine Kate Do you mean it came with some stuff similar to saran wrap? My new fridg did, but it's black. The delivery people removed it.

Have a Delicious Sunday

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pattypeep, when I bought my stainless appliances, the salesman told me to only use a soft microfiber cloth dampened with water.

But, he said there's a slight film on the appliances and that must be rubbed off first.  I see the film and clean as was told.  However, it's taking a long time to get the film off. 

I thought you posters would know what I'm talking about.  Guess I better go back to the store where purchased and have him clarify.  Woman Frustrated

I don't think the appliances would have come with a film if they weren't supposed to.  All of them are like that. (The one's I bought).

(No, I'm not talking about the plastic film that gets pulled off when new). 

Thank you!!  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Sunshine Kate I understand now what you are saying. We had a ss fridg before the one we have now and there was no mention of a film. That being said, we cleaned it with Weiman ss wipes. We have dogs that left noseprints, but our "human" prints and it needed more than a soft cloth. Anyway, I wish you luck with your new appliance.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I don't recall any FIL on any of my SS appliances but I do know the best thing to clean them with is the bio cleaner cloths.  They make them look amazing.