Honored Contributor

Re: Question About Gender Reveal Party

@Venezia wrote:

Well, this is a new one on me!  When I first read the thread title, I honestly thought "What the heck is that?  Now they're having parties where everyone reveals his or her gender?"  (I guess I've been hearing too much news about the transgender issue.)

Never heard of anyone in my part of the world having a party to reveal the gender of a baby.  What next???  Woman Frustrated

@Venezia  Your post gave me a good chuckle.  The way things are going with this transgender stuff, we'll soon need gender reveal parties to find out what our friends and acquaintances REALLY are.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Gender identity party?  Oh give me a break.  Is nothing private anymore.  What's  the matter with showing up at an event as another gender, and letting us all try to figure it out?  Whatever happened to the surprise element?  Lol!  I miss those, lol.

i

Respected Contributor

Gender Reveal Parties are usually only for close family and friends.

I would probably bring a baby-related hostess gift. 

Respected Contributor

But wouldn't it be presumptious to "reveal gender" based solely on biology?  Shouldn't they wait for the child to decide? 

Just trying to keep up.

Respected Contributor

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it dealt with the transgendered.  This type of party is a new one on me.  My neighbor told me she was going to find out the gender of her future grandchild over the weekend.  I wondered why they wouldn't just tell her.  I guess they were having this kind of party.  I think it's a stupid idea and much ado about nothing, but if people have a good time, good for them.  They could have told her when they knew and then just had people over for Sunday dinner.

Respected Contributor

My son and DDIL had one. It was just for the Grandparents. No gifts and only the cake was served.

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

Well, this is a new one on me!  When I first read the thread title, I honestly thought "What the heck is that?  Now they're having parties where everyone reveals his or her gender?"  (I guess I've been hearing too much news about the transgender issue.)

Never heard of anyone in my part of the world having a party to reveal the gender of a baby.  What next???  Woman Frustrated

....  and a "Sprinkles" party???  My first thought? Well.... call me kinky.

Honored Contributor

I finally clicked on this, was actually scared to do so,never heard of this before.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

This concept is in keeping with the whole Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and "selfie" world we live in, IMO. Big deals are made of matters that used to be more quiet and private.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

@handygal2 wrote:

This concept is in keeping with the whole Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and "selfie" world we live in, IMO. Big deals are made of matters that used to be more quiet and private.

So true... but not just about matters that used to be more private. With the advent of social media, every darn detail of peoples' lives became something to report -- when they wake up, go to sleep, what they eat, and on and on. I don't know why people feel such a need to share all the endlessly boring details of their lives. Like another poster said, you have to draw the line somewhere with the parties. I enjoy parties, but this is not something I would likely attend.