Esteemed Contributor

QVC - why do u keep emailing me about nothing????

Every day, I get around 2 emails from QVC - saying something like: did u forget something? SO Annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Desperate.

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC - why do u keep emailing me about nothing????

I’m sure you can stop this.  A mod can explain it better than me, but check your settings or preferences.  I don’t get any unwanted email from QVC, only confirmations of orders I’ve placed 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That usually happens when you put something in your cart.  See if there is something and remove it.  OR you can block their emails.  You can always go to your account and under email / mobile phone preferences you can opt in or out of email alerts, check or uncheck the box(es), then click "Submit"

Honored Contributor

I am getting an overabundance of emails in the past two weeks with similar reference lines........."We saw you looking" and others. I don't care for it. Guess the only way I can avoid it is to change my settings where I don't get any emails. Too bad, I enjoyed the TSV emails and some of the others; but this has gotten out of hand.

Sometimes I look at something, not because I am considering purchasing it, but because I wanted to take a look at the color combination. Had no thought of purchasing the item. And various other reasons, none of which are with the idea of purchasing the item.

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

Every day, I get around 2 emails from QVC - saying something like: did u forget something? SO Annoying!!!!!!!!!!!!! So Desperate.

Gosh!  Maybe just change your settings!  I don't get any unwanted emails.

In this competitive market of retail, ALL vendors do similar email promotions. 

It is called marketing.

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah 

You can also try clearing your browser history and cookies as that is how QVC tracks what you are looking at. I noticed a few months ago that their site images of items won't load on individual product pages unless you enable cookies. 

Also make sure that items aren't sitting in your shopping cart when you close your browser as those will likely trigger those emails saying you forgot something. It's annoying for sure because of course how can you know how much an item will cost including taxes and shipping unless you put it in your cart in the first place when you are doing research?

Honored Contributor

I keep getting HMO phone calls, telling me to call another 800 number to find out all of the things/services I'm entitled to receiving.

Why not just list them in the first place/call?

Just list the services in the first place.

Oh, well............'that's life'...........(Isn't that an old song?).

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

Ie: QVC - why do u keep emailing me about nothing????

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@kivah wrote:

Gosh!  Maybe just change your settings!  I don't get any unwanted emails.

In this competitive market of retail, ALL vendors do similar email promotions. 

It is called marketing.

And when it's unsolicited, it's called SPAM...

But hey, at least they think I 'have great taste'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

Re: Ie: QVC - why do u keep emailing me about nothing????

I'm pretty sure you can change your settings to receive only emails regarding order confirmations.

Honored Contributor

@TY I clear my cookies every single day now. They still keep arriving. Smiley Sad