Honored Contributor

QVC asking for volunteer jewelry pictures

over on the Jewelry forum.  The social/community team posted a request for pictures of customers wearing their QVC jewelry for an upcoming promotion.

This seems rather ill-advised, don't you think, to post your photo in this forum?  (Or do you?)

People are told to be careful with their images, and now they are being asked to share their own images wearing jewelry, just so QVC can use them promotionally?  

Some of the posters are already stating they will not share photos on the forum.  And one post seems professionally prepared.

I find it somewhat curious.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: QVC asking for volunteer jewelry pictures

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

over on the Jewelry forum.  The social/community team posted a request for pictures of customers wearing their QVC jewelry for an upcoming promotion.

This seems rather ill-advised, don't you think, to post your photo in this forum?  (Or do you?)

People are told to be careful with their images, and now they are being asked to share their own images wearing jewelry, just so QVC can use them promotionally?  

Some of the posters are already stating they will not share photos on the forum.  And one post seems professionally prepared.

I find it somewhat curious.

Any mention of a poster getting compensated for it? FREE S&H on their next purchase? a % off their next purchase? or a $ GC perhaps?  Hmmm...I'd want my 10% cut from any increased sales! Wow...any angle to increase sales and without it costing the Q a dime. I'll bet the one who suggested this at the Q will get a raise though Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I was also wondering whether anyone would get paid.  So far no mention of that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

I was also wondering whether anyone would get paid.  So far no mention of that.

I don't like it...no doubt there will be many offering though. I'll pass. I don't even take selfies and those that do, and on a regular basis like Kim K or Lisa R probably wouldn't even bat an eyelash...one more pic of me, me, me, look at me...*rolls eyes*

...which are the folks the Q are looking for...LOL

Respected Contributor

Judging by the responses they have over there so far, it appears that customers are more than willing to say what they have & that's all.  Seems like they'd do better just inviting a live audience to wear their favorite QVC jewelry.  Before the show starts, a QVC staffer could poll the audience for the people who'd be willing to be on-air with a host out in the audience.

Honored Contributor

I guess what they want is free jewelry models.

Honored Contributor

I guess we'll see how it plays out tomorrow or over the long weekend when people have time to read the boards.

It's not something I'd do myself.  

Esteemed Contributor

Indeed, this is strange.

if you have been buying stuff for years, how do you choose?  Or, in the interest of more sales, maybe we can all wear all our purchases at once.  Or maybe a series of themes - Native American Princess, Ripka Girl, Bracelet Diva, Royalty Wannabee.  I should stop now.  I've given away too many ideas.  

Honored Contributor

I, too, wondered about any offers of compensation ...

And what if someone sends in a photo of, for example, a friend wearing her QVC jewelry ... without her knowledge?

What if that friend later discovers that QVC has posted photos of her WITHOUT HER PERMISSION ??

Any legal eagles out there want to speculate?

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Indeed, this is strange.

if you have been buying stuff for years, how do you choose?  Or, in the interest of more sales, maybe we can all wear all our purchases at once.  Or maybe a series of themes - Native American Princess, Ripka Girl, Bracelet Diva, Royalty Wannabee.  I should stop now.  I've given away too many ideas.  

@PamfromCT  Nearly spewed coffee on the laptop! You're on a roll tonight...im0168.gif.................wait for it....

I can see it clearly now......................jjjdramasmileyf.gif