Trusted Contributor

QVC WEST COAST DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I live in Southern California and heard on our local news today that QVC opened their West Coast Distribution Center today in Ontario, California.  It is huge and will eventually will have 1,000 employees.

Bringing more jobs into an area is always good for the economy.  It is about an hour away from my area.  Maybe us West Coast customers will receive our orders quicker!  I just hope that the employees are trained well and errors will be at a minimum.

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC WEST COAST DISTRIBUTION CENTER

I'm all for getting our orders quicker.  

Honored Contributor

I heard they were opening one this summer so glad to hear it is open. Hopefully that will speed up our orders since they usually come by pony express!

Honored Contributor

I believe that Amazon is also opening a distributuon center in that area.  Good for them!

Valued Contributor

HSN has much faster shipping because they have a California warehouse...I think its in Ontario too.    I haven't experienced an improvement yet but have some shoes on order.

Honored Contributor

I've been to Ontario many times over the years.

I have received quite a few QVC orders from Sacramento.   I always like when I get the email from UPS that says the shipment originates in Sacto because I know I'll get it the next day by ground.

It still takes 3-5 days for orders to 'process' on QVC's end, but then one day once it's actually shipped.

Respected Contributor

about time!  seems ridiculous for a customer in L A to get packages from So Carolina,etc. i hope i will be able to now save on shipping charges not having to send things in 2-day express to get it in a reasonable time frame.  we'll see.  so far i don't see anything shipping from there.

Esteemed Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

about time!  seems ridiculous for a customer in L A to get packages from So Carolina,etc. i hope i will be able to now save on shipping charges not having to send things in 2-day express to get it in a reasonable time frame.  we'll see.  so far i don't see anything shipping from there.

I'm a little confused.  Why is it ridiculous for a customer who lives L.A. to receive a package the originated from North Carolina? @ms traditional

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

Qvc has always been an east coast operation close to NYC which they loved to brag about.  After 30 years in business they finally decide it's time to give west coast customers the same fast delivery most others get every single day.  Fabulous.  

Respected Contributor

That should help Wesr coast people get their packages faster