Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Getting Out of the Gold Business?

It is a very sad time for gold lovers/shoppers these days.

I joined the Q thirty some odd years ago to purchase quality yet affordable gold jewelry. NOT gold plating over SS or goldtone jewelry.  

I'm 90% done, too @fortune.

Honored Contributor

Loved watching gold shows. I'm referring to way back in the very beginning of Qvc. Remember! Ooh glory days are long gone. Don't fault Qvc. Market has changed for several reasons. Upon hearing the news Imperial Gold closed business few years back broke my heart. Lucky to own large wheat bracelet 700.00 twenty years ago, Passing to my Granddaughter. No longer wear gold nor a lot of jewelry lifestyle has changed. With that said I'm so glad I was here when Qvc put on the Ritz. Those were something to see. 

Regular Contributor

I was wondering why the shows have seemed to disappear. I have purchased many items from this line and was very pleased with them. I am hoping it doesn't disappear

since  when I wear witb my real 14k or 18k  you can't tell. I will say, I have not purchased jewlery  from QVC in quite a while  but I still enjoy watching the shows and might purchase something if I like it. So please don't  let Veronese disappear. Now regarding the fall decorating shows-where are they? Valeria is finished and we are being bombarded with Christmas items. Give me a break. How about a few shows combining cute Halloween ,Fall and Thanksgiving. I am over Christmas shows already and  the summer is still  here.

C

Honored Contributor

The Sarraf website has some nice pieces and good prices. Evince does too....sometimes.
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

IMO - the Q has been out of the gold business for a good while.

And, so have I, and many of my friends.  We all cashed in awhile back on gold pieces and have no interest in wearing any of that again.  I actually prefer the look of less jewelry.  Those big chunky costume jewelry necklaces do not appeal to me in the least bit.   

Honored Contributor

Probably because I quit buying gold LOL Got all I need till I kick the bucket .

Nobody to leave it too. If I have to have something usually buy it at Sam's.

do like Q's gold watches even though it's hard to find somebody that will take the back off of them . Just no place to pop the back. I found one man that can do it, but, he might move then I'll have to send them to NY

Respected Contributor

I haven't bought gold in a long time.  

I wear white metals now - so that is one reason. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I just bought the BEST peice of gold that I've ever purchased from QVC. 

Solid gold 34+ gr. bangle and they had a great price, imho, for both gold *rushes*.  The one in Jan and they offered it again at the same price last week.

If it wasn't significant enough on it's own, I would've bought a second one to stack.  Doesn't need stacking.

I know the bangle bracelet that you are speaking of.....it is really beautiful! Wear it in good health....Woman Happy I think I am tempted....