Honored Contributor

It's unlikely that a coffee-lover (vs. just a coffee-drinker) would accept any instant coffee unless they were a caffeine addict. I have had the occasional instant Via and it's better than a jar of instant, but honestly not a huge amount better. It's bearable, but not an after-dinner pleasure.

If these are people with Keurigs or who grind their own, you'd either need to buy an inexpensive brewer IF you thought it was worth it (how many friends, and how often do they come over!), or just skip it. I would much rather have no coffee than instant coffee. Seriously.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Thank you trulyme and soonersis -  I am going to check out the Starbucks single serve packets.  Seems like a good option for me.  

Honored Contributor

That would be an absolute no. Why not get a Kereg and use it for tea and hot coco for yourself and get a box of quality single serve coffee to have on hand for guests.

Honored Contributor

@shoptheQ wrote:

Thank you trulyme and soonersis -  I am going to check out the Starbucks single serve packets.  Seems like a good option for me.  

Pretty much only if you just want to have something to offer but don't really care whether they like them or not.  

Esteemed Contributor

@shoptheQ

@Moonchilde is correct, no real coffee drinker would accept instant coffee.  You would get a polite, no thank you if you offered it.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

The Starbucks single serve coffees are good.  I know this because my son purchased some to prepare a dessert that he made at my house.  Then I used up the remainder of the box, and liked the coffee 

Trusted Contributor

I consider myself a "coffee snob" and am very picky about my coffee.  I hate coffee from most diners and chain restaurants but will order coffee from certain italian restaurants in our area where I know the coffee is very good.  I, never in a million years, thought I would ever like any type of instant coffee.  But I have to agree with the other posters who recommended Starbucks instant coffee.  I love it and take it with me when my husband and I go to visit my son who lives out of town and doesn't own a coffeemaker.  I like strong coffee and enjoy the dark Italian roast but there are milder blends as well....take a look at a Starbucks near you or I know they also sell it at Target.  I own a Keurig and I myself would say the Starbucks Via instant is just as good if not better...and for me that's saying a lot!

Honored Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

@shoptheQ

@Moonchilde is correct, no real coffee drinker would accept instant coffee.  You would get a polite, no thank you if you offered it.

LOL @MyGirlsMom, I do have to admit that when I visited relatives on vacation I would occasionally succumb to a cup of Via because their brewed pot tasted like dark brown dishwater and I.just.couldn't. But most times I went with a glass of milk over either 😫

Honored Contributor

Another thing to keep in mind about Starbucks coffee - instant or brewed - people either love it or hate it. So if all your guests love it you're home free. Personally I would rather go without unless we're talking PSL or frappuccino. Many people dislike the taste of Starbucks brewed coffees.

Valued Contributor

We are not coffee drinkers either.  The smell of coffee turns my stomach.  I have many tea's to offer my mostly tea drinking friends & family.

I have a single serve Keurig that I can bring out if necessary.

A tea drinker cannot use tea in the same unit, the coffee smell/taste remains with the Keurig.

It always amazes me that coffee drinkers rarely have much in the way of tea choices, and if you dare to ask for lemon, well that is too much to ask!  A restaurant like a drive- through would never expect a coffee drinker to be OK with no sugar or creamer if they want it!  Tea drinkers who want unsweetened iced tea with lemon are expected to be happy with whatever they give them.