"Ready-to-wear looks are created to be reproduced

and sold online. Singer Ciara is the guest judge."

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Re: • 😊Project Runway 10/1/15 "Make It Sell" SPOILERS POSSIBLE •

Can't wait! Starts in 40 minutes....

Trusted Contributor

Re: •😊Project Runway 10/1 Ep. 9 "Make It Sell" SPOILERS POSSIBLE•

Tim Gunn was on Meredith Viera's show spilling a lot of gossip, especially about his lack of relationship with Anna Wintour.

He had on the same outfit he wore tonight, that navy stripe suit, check shirt and print tie.  He wears that a lot.

Esteemed Contributor

Just saw the runway.  The red dress was nicely done. I thought Lori's outfit was terrible - it's time for her to go. The designer with the hat (can't think of her name) wasn't so great either. I'm voting Lori off - too many excuses, poorly executed unfinished designs. JMO

Trusted Contributor

@riley1 wrote:

Just saw the runway.  The red dress was nicely done. I thought Lori's outfit was terrible - it's time for her to go. The designer with the hat (can't think of her name) wasn't so great either. I'm voting Lori off - too many excuses, poorly executed unfinished designs. JMO

It seems every week after Lori's critique she goes backed into the waiting room and proclaims how much she likes her design. Once again she had a nipple problem.  That poor model.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Everyone!  Have to agree, Lori's creation was pretty bad ~ Merline's too.  Yeesh!  Once again, I really liked Ashley's look.  Other than the cropped top, that would be something I would buy and proudly wear.  (What's up with all the cropped tops anyway)???  The red dress was pretty, but I felt it caters to a specific body type.  I thought Ashley's was more wearable.  Of course, this is just my opinion and what do I know, lol?  :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

For me last night's selections were correct.  Edmond's dress would be an easy sell and fit online.  Lori should have gone week's ago.  (her voice drove me nuts)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This week I felt like they should have sent most of them home except for Edmond and Ashley whose designs were at least acceptable... and that's clearly not a glowing review for this show. 

Actually I don't understand why they haven't sent more than one person home this week (or in the past few weeks). This has been done at least once (or maybe twice) before for individual challenges. Maybe that would strike a much needed bit of fear into some of them. I'm just disgusted with the fashions for this current season as well at the general lack luster attitude. 

I think Laurie was the right person to get sent home because her top was a completely unwearable from both a fashion and see though, nipple pasties perspective. She's done this two weeks in a row and that's one time too many. 

I'm now officially tired of hearing Kelly defend her funky dime store fashion sense because all I'm seeing are what -- as Tim Gunn described of one contestant on the very first season -- are just arts & crafts projects... as opposed to funky, off the wall creative designs.

Once again, the show was so boring that I had to work to keep myself awake... clearly it wasn't worth the effort. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

In past years the competition was much closer after a few rounds.. This year has been pretty weak.

Honored Contributor

I have a feeling that Tim isn't going to use his save this season.  There is nothing to save.

I can see why they were divided.  The judges were all judging on what they usually judge on (how does it look on a magazine page, how does it look on the runway, etc.)  This was to sell on a website.  I think it did come down to Ashley and Edmond as they had the only 2 wearable looks.

Ashley's look is very much what you see Taylor Swift in concert and out on the street.  That is a staple in her wardrobe (but hers are tailored to her and nothing shows out the bottom or sides ;o)

Edmond's dress was boring.  It was a polyester stretch red dress.  I personally can see more people in Ashley's jacket than Edmond's dress, but I wasn't judging.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN