Honored Contributor

PhilaLady1 wrote:
The people are flocking to see this baby, really rubs me the wrong way. The child is not a circus act and will suffer the painful ailments that old age brings.

In some countries, in that region, babies who are born very different (from what one might consider norms) are considered very special and it's an honor to be in their presence.

Honored Contributor

When I was a young girl, my friend from school  older sister gave birth to a baby girl with this disorder.  I remember that samples of her skin were sent to doctors far and wide to figure out what was wrong with her.  Today there is a name for it.

The family moved to Texas,  so I never knew the outcome of this poor baby.

I am happy that this beautiful soul is accepted by his family.  He is a miracle.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imadickens UK sites are reporting it; American news outlets may not be reporting it because it happened in Bangladesh?

I thought the back hair was unusual, also, but he may also have some sort of hormonal disorder, in addition to the progeria......

Honored Contributor

I agree about the back hair.  I also believe that is something else.  I've never seen that as a manifestation of progeria.

Esteemed Contributor

My heart breaks for all of them.