Respected Contributor

Products or styling tools that were a waste of money....

Calista perfector...cannot even tell I used it. Hair looks same.

emjoi epilator..using for almost a year and still have just as much hair as when I started plus time consuming.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Products or styling tools that were a waste of money....

I feel your pain on the Calista - $100 item sitting on the shelf - I went back to my tried & true curling iron.  Total waste of $$$$$

Honored Contributor

calista hot curlers - will not stay in the hair so they are totally useless.

Honored Contributor

The tools that I found a waste were the ones that were supposed to help get rid of wrinkles and sagging.I can't even remember their names but I spent way too much on those closet sitters.

Honored Contributor

Most styling products do not work. I think it depends on the type of hair you have.

Respected Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Calista perfector...cannot even tell I used it. Hair looks same.

emjoi epilator..using for almost a year and still have just as much hair as when I started plus time consuming.

Tried laser hair removal but even with the ideal skin, it did not work.  Went the electrolysis route with excellent results: no hair on underarms nor legs.  Had the eyebrows done too.  It lasts and feels no worse than tweezing which I Had to do daily on the brows.

This was a gift to myself years ago and has saved me loads of time and any worries about shaving or tweezing.  Too, I saved money on buying products that did not work.  It was very cost effective because I found a licensed provider who worked out of her home.  Usually you can save some money by scheduling an hour appt vs. half hour.

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm usually hesitant to complain, because I strongly feel that just because a given product doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

Having said that - sure wish I had my money back on that darned Instyler!  Tried and tried to make it work - why didn't I just return the stupid thing?

LIve and learn, I suppose. Woman Sad

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Esteemed Contributor

@sharlee wrote:

Well, I'm usually hesitant to complain, because I strongly feel that just because a given product doesn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for someone else.

Having said that - sure wish I had my money back on that darned Instyler!  Tried and tried to make it work - why didn't I just return the stupid thing?

LIve and learn, I suppose. Woman Sad

I thought I was the only one that didn't get results from the InStyler.  Don't easily buy into most of the styling gizmos because of the non-results.  Forget the shampoo rip offs, since the 1960;s with so many offering the end of the rainbow results and not delivering, I've learned long ago they are a gyp.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

My Calista was returned also - tried to get the curls they do on air - impossible!  You would need four hands to do that - I have tried many of the hair styling products and have returned them all - lesson learned!

Occasional Contributor

Count me in as returning the Callista styler!  I bough it even after I read the reviews. Should have known better.  My hair is chin length so weight shouldn't have been a problem.   Kept it for 2 weeks and returned.  Went back to my $20 drug store bought curling iron which works just fine!!!!