Super Contributor

Re: Product Description Writer...Really??

@jackthebear - sure in theory, but clearly if they are relying on AI they aren't going beyond that

Esteemed Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Maybe not a lot of real, specific info re shoes so they tell a nice fuzzy story in the hopes that the prospective

buyer won't notice.

I agree about fuzzy stories! I was just thinking of Perricone and how they always "describe" those products!!

I think if not for all the "word drama," I might have tried more Perricone!

Trusted Contributor

AI descriptions are guaranteed to fail spectacularly at some point.  I just heard on NPR that the NYC website pages are translated into 130 languages by Google Translate.  Chinese language readers noticed the following:  Google translated the CPC acronym for City Planning Commission to Chinese Communist Party, to the confusion of many.

Esteemed Contributor

@Bookplate  They are bringing that into education like a house-afire!

Esteemed Contributor

Apple orchards!  Pumpkin patch!  Toasted marshmellows......oh my!!!!

As silly as people writing reviews who seem to just have to tell us where they are wearing their new clothing items or what they are wearing it with, so annoying.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal @I so agree with your post! I guess they like mentioning places that we might wear their items that sound idealistic or charming.....The truth is that we wear Q clothes to do far less exciting things...like running to the drugstore or grocery store....picking up kids from karate classes, sitting in our home offices working a job, or taking a walk around the block. I continue to be amused at their stories where we could wear their clothes....And, oh my goodness...the number of weddings we must be going to! LOL

Respected Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

At one time I would have said, not a big deal, nobody would be dumb enough to start a fire in the woods.   But today!  

@Imaoldhippie  Thank you.  That was the point of the thread.

Who would start a bonfire in the woods to toast marshmallows?

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

The person who wrote it as probably never actually been in the woods.  Need to reread their content at least once.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Bookplate  They are bringing that into education like a house-afire!

@Harpa I know; my background is in academia.  And they used to think that term paper plagerism was a problem!

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012   That is my thought also.

Even if AI did write the description, certainly someone checked the info before putting it out there for the public on a TSV.

Bonfires in the woods to toast marshmallows should not be something someone thinks is a good idea.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF