Valued Contributor

Problems Getting Into Hotmail?

Is anybody else having problems with their Hotmail email account?

For the past 2 days, when I go to it, I get nothing but "This Page Cannot Be Shown".

Does anybody know how to fix it?

Respected Contributor

Re: Problems Getting Into Hotmail?

I haven't had the specific problem the OP described, but I am losing faith in hotmail (which I've had forever)

I need to send out messages to certain groups of people on a regular basis. I found out, though,  that not everyone has been receiving these emails.  I've now switched over to gmail for group mailings, with great success.

Another thing that has occurred through hotmaill is that several persons I've sent messages to ( Friends of the Library, for instance) are supposedly sending out very questionable emails. I never open them, but I'm mystified as to how people are getting addresses when I send mail out so the email addresses don't show. 

I'll probably use my gmail much more from now on.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anniecamp

I can access my hotmail, on the internet and also via my mobile mail app.    How are you trying to access it?   Have you tried going to the full site on the net, and logging in there (using https://login.live.com)?   Also, if accessing on the web, have you tried a different browser, or clearing browser cookies/cache/website data?   If you're using an app on a mobile device, you might need to do some troubleshooting on the device.

I'm looking at these status sites and just looking quickly I see only a few reports.  It doesn't appear there's any system-wide issue.   I've posted this before, but fyi:

When you wonder about the access to a site, try these safe online website down status checker tools.   (Add one or more to your browser bookmarks/favorites, or just send this info to yourself in an email message and keep it handy.)   On some of these status sites if you scroll down you'll see comments which might address specific problems you're seeing:

"Down Detector"
http://downdetector.com/

"Is It Down Right Now"
http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

"Downoruprightnow"
http://downoruprightnow.com/

"Down for everyone or just me?"
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/

"Website down"
http://www.websitedown.info/

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Valued Contributor

DooBdoo, THANK you for all the help!  I use my hotmail on the internet.

The info you posted here gives me a start.  I checked one of them and it looks like there have been outages for a couple of days,  not specific to my area, but close.

Valued Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I haven't had the specific problem the OP described, but I am losing faith in hotmail (which I've had forever)

I need to send out messages to certain groups of people on a regular basis. I found out, though,  that not everyone has been receiving these emails.  I've now switched over to gmail for group mailings, with great success.

Another thing that has occurred through hotmaill is that several persons I've sent messages to ( Friends of the Library, for instance) are supposedly sending out very questionable emails. I never open them, but I'm mystified as to how people are getting addresses when I send mail out so the email addresses don't show. 

I'll probably use my gmail much more from now on.

Insomniac, I have 2 email accounts, yahoo and hotmail.  I have noticed that every once in a while, either email will send things to the junkmail box, especially if it's not an often used address.  It also happens if it's a

"mass" email with several names on it. 

The other types of questionable emails I get from time to time are usually after somebody has forwarded something to several paople.  Something that has already been fwded to them that has many emails on it already.

Strange.

Honored Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

DooBdoo, THANK you for all the help!  I use my hotmail on the internet.

The info you posted here gives me a start.  I checked one of them and it looks like there have been outages for a couple of days,  not specific to my area, but close.

You're welcome, @Anniecamp!   I hope you find the source of the problem, and a resolution for it.   If not, just pop back in here and I'll bet someone will be able to help out.   I know how frustrating these technical issues are.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Call your provider and ask them to reset your modem

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

desertDi wrote:

@Desertdi,  This is not a problem with the modem or router.  @Anniecamp does have connection to the net.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Desertdi,  This is not a problem with the modem or router.  @Anniecamp does have connection to the net.

@Anniecamp    @dooBdoo      If  service is slow or intermittant, resetting the modem has solved the problem for me.    (The msg "this page cannot be displayed" means you are having a connection challenge)

♥Surface of the Sun♥