Respected Contributor

Re: Princess Diana - 19th Anniversary of her death

I still blame Prince Charles on her death...his indiscretion was too much for her to endure.

Respected Contributor

Yes, she had her marital problems and was treated poorly, but it was her early death and leaving 2 sons motherless that to me was the tragedy. Many of us have had marital issues and were able to get through the transition to live a full life, raise children, and experience the joys of grandchildren. Her journey was incomplete, and her sons suffered the loss of a loving mother. I still remember the casket with Harry's wreath of white roses and his note with "Mummy" tucked into the blossoms. That image of loss brings me to tears.

Respected Contributor

I will never forget the beautiful princess who married the prince who turned into a frog. 

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fYM7KGVc7Hk/TwmdK1W2AlI/AAAAAAAABEk/DS6X5ETrcdQ/s1600/princess-diana.jpg

Contributor

As a naive 19 year old, I think Diana was in over her head. She was no match for the cunning prince Charles who was NOT an honorable man. Clearly, he married her for the sole purpose of her producing heirs to please Mama...the Queen...PERIOD.

We all know that he was in love with Carmella and continued his affair with her even after his marriage to Diana. Diana married Charles because SHE LOVED HIM. Marrying a prince certainly "turned her head"; I don't think we can fault her for that. Not only was she merely 19 years old, but she lived a sheltered life as well. AND, she was not aware that the ugly witch Carmella was lurking in the background.

She was a good and decent young woman.....she adored her sons and was a very good mother and she endeavored to make the world a better place. Unfortunately, she didn't have the skills to deal with her cheating husband or the powerful royal family. AND, I think we can all agree...in quite a few instances she sort of "mucked it up". What people tend to forget is the ROYAL FAMILY IS A BUSINESS. These "people" enjoy a very luxurious lifestyle. Naturally, they would never allow anyone to jeopardize their so-called "right" to this life of riches.

Who really makes my blood boil is Camella. I was flabbergasted when "the two cheaters" had the unmigated gall to marry. How dare she show her face in public after the death of Princess Diana and how dare he parade her around in public. 

Diana's sons show "respect and acceptance" of the two idiots in public, but I can't imagine in their heart-of-hearts that is how they truly feel. 

I, for one, think it is time to abolish England's royalty....however, tourist dollars adds much to Britain's coffers so it is unlikely it will come to pass.

Because of Diana's efforts, I think both her sons have their heads screwed on properly. So I wish her sons only the best and GOD BLESS YOU PRINCESS DIANA...you are still very much missed...

Respected Contributor

Like OP my mother and I watched CNN late into the evening. My mother had an uncanny sixth sense. Within minutes of watching my mother knew she had died! The first clue was that some big statesman (I don't remember which one) was set to fly somewhere but postponed his flight! 

I recently bought a book book about her life and death! Like Jonbenet, the media has renewed my interest! I bought several books on Diana, OJ (written by Marcia Clark) and Cayle Anthony. All are about innocents that died too soon at the intentional hand of another! As for Diana, whether her death was caused by paparazzi, the drunk chauffeur , or MI6 on orders from the Queen's husband ( how embarrassing it must be all these years that his wife has chosen not to make him King!), as many documentaries have inferred, the lovely young woman who did great works in the world, was gone too soon!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

I vividly remembrr the night Disna died. My daughter was visiting with her family. We knew, as soon as the news came in, that a tragedy had taken place. Months later, when I was in Paris, I saw the site where the accident took place. It was so sad.

Valued Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

Yes, she had her marital problems and was treated poorly, but it was her early death and leaving 2 sons motherless that to me was the tragedy. Many of us have had marital issues and were able to get through the transition to live a full life, raise children, and experience the joys of grandchildren. Her journey was incomplete, and her sons suffered the loss of a loving mother. I still remember the casket with Harry's wreath of white roses and his note with "Mummy" tucked into the blossoms. That image of loss brings me to tears.

I think it's sad her life has been reduced to conspiracy theory fodder by some. Imo her philanthropic work was from genuine care for others and it does appear she was a wonderful deeply loving mom. Nice post @SunValley.

Honored Contributor

Staying up all night watching the coverage then crying for a week and starting all over again with the funeral.  I was not then or now ashamed how deeply if affected me with her loss.  The boys growing up without their Mother was too hard to think about.

She made it seem so easy to wear all the hats of being a woman.

Princess Diana                                                                                                                                                     More:

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Regular Contributor

@Geri II wrote:

As a naive 19 year old, I think Diana was in over her head. She was no match for the cunning prince Charles who was NOT an honorable man. Clearly, he married her for the sole purpose of her producing heirs to please Mama...the Queen...PERIOD.

We all know that he was in love with Carmella and continued his affair with her even after his marriage to Diana. Diana married Charles because SHE LOVED HIM. Marrying a prince certainly "turned her head"; I don't think we can fault her for that. Not only was she merely 19 years old, but she lived a sheltered life as well. AND, she was not aware that the ugly witch Carmella was lurking in the background.

She was a good and decent young woman.....she adored her sons and was a very good mother and she endeavored to make the world a better place. Unfortunately, she didn't have the skills to deal with her cheating husband or the powerful royal family. AND, I think we can all agree...in quite a few instances she sort of "mucked it up". What people tend to forget is the ROYAL FAMILY IS A BUSINESS. These "people" enjoy a very luxurious lifestyle. Naturally, they would never allow anyone to jeopardize their so-called "right" to this life of riches.

Who really makes my blood boil is Camella. I was flabbergasted when "the two cheaters" had the unmigated gall to marry. How dare she show her face in public after the death of Princess Diana and how dare he parade her around in public. 

Diana's sons show "respect and acceptance" of the two idiots in public, but I can't imagine in their heart-of-hearts that is how they truly feel. 

I, for one, think it is time to abolish England's royalty....however, tourist dollars adds much to Britain's coffers so it is unlikely it will come to pass.

Because of Diana's efforts, I think both her sons have their heads screwed on properly. So I wish her sons only the best and GOD BLESS YOU PRINCESS DIANA...you are still very much missed...

Bravo gh .... this is exactly how I felt and could not put it so eloquently as you did.      

If Edward VIII would not have 'abdicated the thrown', no one would have ever heard of worthless Charles and Camilla~! @Geri II

Respected Contributor

I remember where I was when I heard the first news break-in.

I was glued to the TV for many days.

As much as everyone seems to hate him, I thought this was the first time we saw Charles step up and let the public see what a supportive and caring father he was.  I've always thought he personally brought Diana home for their boys.