Respected Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm just guessing here, but maybe he felt that he was "too young" for a will, or that he was healthy, and therefore didn't need one.

I don't know. 

As I said, I'm just guessing.

He had just recently been brought back to life at a hospital.  That doesn't sound like the picture of health to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm just guessing here, but maybe he felt that he was "too young" for a will, or that he was healthy, and therefore didn't need one.

I don't know. 

As I said, I'm just guessing.

He had just recently been brought back to life at a hospital.  That doesn't sound like the picture of health to me.

The key word there is "recently".

At the concert held at Paisley Park, his home, he told the audience, "Save your prayers", which, to me, indicates that he thought that his health wasn't that bad.   

But as I said, I was just guessing.

If those closest to him can't figure out why he didn't have a will, then how can we know why he didn't have one?

Honored Contributor

Rather than wanting his family fighting over his assets, perhaps he was concerned that he would inadvertently leave people out who would be hurt. Considering all those he must have known, been close to at one time or another, I don't see how he could avoid it.

Trusted Contributor

There's an article onThe Hollywood Reporter where his lawyer said that Prince had no will and wished that he had. There's also a search warrant issued in his death due to prescription drugs he'd been given recently. The war rad is sealed. 

Honored Contributor

Why was Alfred, the only sibling excluded from the memorial?

TMZ

A bank rep had to show him Prince's home, so he could grieve.

Honored Contributor

WHY would they need to do a search for any possible will drawn up?  

Prince's death has been in all the papers, and if one had been drawn up, I'm sure an attorney would have come forward by now with a copy of the document.

Frequent Contributor

Family may be searching for holographic will but I don't know if it is valid will in the great state of Minnesota. 

Super Contributor

It.s hard to believe he didn't hsve a will with all his money. When I think of all the wonderful things he could have done with his money. I have a will and we are orderinary people. I hope everone on here gets a will.