Honored Contributor

Re: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Spotted at Jamaican Wedding

Also she was born in 1981....do they want children.  Well, if they love each other and make each other happy then what more would a parent want.  They are lovely to look at, I'm just wondering how her background will mesh with the royal family.  

Honored Contributor

When their relationship became public there were nasty comments online and in some of the tabloids about Meghan being biracial. That's when Harry put out a statement through the palace asking for such things to stop. That kind of thing is just beyond sad and horrible, in 2017 and in any time.

I think the royal family is more modern now, and I can't believe anyone will stop Harry from marrying her if that's what he wants to do. He has learned the hard way how life can change in the blink of an eye. And I think he must know that his parents were not truly in love, that it was more of an arranged marriage. He is holding out for real love, unfortunately not with any of us. Smiley Sad

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

I doubt they'd blink an eye at Meghan Markle's ethnicity.  Emma McQuiston, who is black, became Marchioness Weymouth not so long ago.  The royals have absorbed people from all kinds of backgrounds over time.  There is speculation that as far back as King George iii, Queen Charlotte may have had some African origins.

I hope very much that considerations of "race" would be absolutely irrelevant to the matter.  When the royals are open to all origins, they become a richer, no doubt stronger and more interesting gene pool!

Respected Contributor

I have a huge crush on him.  LOL

I think the Queen has a different mindset about relationships now.  Hopefully, if Harry and Meghan are happy, they will have the familys' blessings...

Trusted Contributor

I hope he's happy and found the "one".  She's met Prince Charles, William and Kate already so apparently she is welcome.  

He is so far removed from the crown now that I bet Elizabeth just wants him to be happy.

Would love to see another royal wedding soon.

I love the guy and she seems like a lovely lady.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@golding76 wrote:

Oznell, he is the only "ginger" I've ever taken a fancy to.  I'm absolutely bonkers over him.  Older ladies can harbor secret crushes.

@golding76

Not a fan of gingers and don't really see the appeal.   Well, for every pot, there's a lid.    He's far enough removed from the line of succession that I doubt Liz and Phillip's opinions really matter.

Honored Contributor

@Alsee wrote:

I hope he's happy and found the "one".  She's met Prince Charles, William and Kate already so apparently she is welcome.  

He is so far removed from the crown now that I bet Elizabeth just wants him to be happy.

Would love to see another royal wedding soon.

I love the guy and she seems like a lovely lady.

But we still don't know about Elizabeth and Philip.  Also, "meeting" isn't the same as being welcome.  

Honored Contributor

I think Queen Elizabeth has a very soft spot for Harry, and like others here have said, she would definitely accept anyone who makes him happy. This lady apparently does. In spite of his wild ways, Harry seems like a nice person. He is concerned about others, like his mother was. And that's one reason he was attracted to Megan - she is active in charity work too. I think, in spite of or maybe because of what he saw with his parents, he truly wants to fall in love. Maybe this is it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Meghan works for World Vision, she has an excellent article posted on time.com about how menstruation affects millions of girls in the developing world. How stigma and lack of sanitation causes them to drop out of school.

I can't figure out a way to post the link from my tablet, but the article is easy to find if anyone's interested.

"If you really want to shock the world unleash your kindness"
Honored Contributor

I somehow have a feeling a marriage between Harry & Meghan will not come about.  But of course I could be wrong.   I'm just thinking "not."