Trusted Contributor

I noticed that two stores - Bed Bath and Beyond and Target - don't let you price shop.  They both say see low price in cart meaning you have to put the item in the cart before they tell you what the price is.  Is this a new thing?  Are they discouraging shoppers find hopping around looking for the lowest price on an item?

Respected Contributor

No, they're not the first.  You can remove it from your cart after you see the price.  Best Buy and others have done that for a long time, according to them it's the manufacturer that prohibits them displaying the prices.  Don't know if that's the case with BB&B and Target.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm confused.

I was just on the Bed Bath & Beyond website, as well as Best Buy, and I could clearly see the prices for items without having to put it in my cart.

Trusted Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm confused.

I was just on the Bed Bath & Beyond website, as well as Best Buy, and I could clearly see the prices for items without having to put it in my cart.

I was looking for the Keurig one cup or single serve unit and their models had no prices on them and said that I had to put it in the cart before they would reveal the price.  This happened to me both at BB&B and Target just this morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@newlook456 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm confused.

I was looking for the Keurig one cup or single serve unit and their models had no prices on them and said that I had to put it in the cart before they would reveal the price.  This happened to me both at BB&B and Target just this morning.

I see what you are saying now.

Honored Contributor

I've seen this from time to time on various websites, but it's not on every item on the particular site either.  It's no big deal to put the item in the cart, to see the price, and then remove it.

Honored Contributor

I wonder if they aren't showing the price of keirig because some stores have a really low price on a couple of the models right now.I am visiting in Canada and they have one for 88 dollars at Canadian tire and I think it is 89 at Walmart.They also had the one cup model discounted too.