Honored Contributor

Price is Right, trips to Bali.

[ Edited ]

I've only ever been to the UP and gone over to the island called Machinac. That's where thy made the movie "Somewhere in Time" with Christopher Reaves and Jane Seymour.

Have you ever been to, an island?

Honored Contributor

Re: Price is Right, trips to Bali.

@qualitygal Hi! Sounds good. Would love to hear more. 

We have a Travel thread going, if you are interested in joining sometime. It is called "Travel - May Chat." You probably have some very interesting things to tell about your island adventure. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

QG - I loved that movie!

I have been to quite a few islands over the years, pretty much all for dive trips.  I've been to the island nations of Fiji and Palau.  

Been to the Hawaiian Islands, of course, and Guam.

I've been to the Channel Islands and Victoria Island , as well as some 20 islands in the Caribbean.

Sometimes I miss travelling, as I don't expect I will ever travel again, but I had quite a few years of great times!  Smiley Happy

Oddly, being from CA, I've never been to Catalina Island.

Honored Contributor

Does Staten Island count! Smiley Happy

We have been to Hawaii, Bermuda and the Dominion Republic.

Honored Contributor

My retirement years = Tahiti, Bali, Tonga & a few other Polynesian islands.  I plan on hitting them all but I always end up in Tahiti at least once a year.

My working years = Just about all of the Caribbean islands.  I may have hit them all.

For some strange reason, I have never had an interest to go to Hawaii to my mother's chagrin.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Hawaii, Greek Islands, Capri, Bermuda, Bahamas, Caribbean and Majorca (wouldn't go back there if they paid me!).

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Manhattan is my favorite island.  Smiley Happy   I've been to Aruba also (didn't like it much), one or two of the Bahamas islands, St Thomas and St John in the US Virgin Islands (loved them both, esp. St John).  Ireland and Great Britain.  (What's not to love?)  Iceland, but just to change planes.  Martha's Vineyard off Cape Cod. 

I'd love to see Bali someday, and Hawaii. 

Honored Contributor

Does Catalina and Balboa Island count?

Trusted Contributor

The only island I've been to is also Mackinac Island -- I worked on the island one summer while in college. I worked in the Grand Hotel. 

Respected Contributor

@akaburtonfan wrote:

The only island I've been to is also Mackinac Island -- I worked on the island one summer while in college. I worked in the Grand Hotel. 

@akaburtonfan

Would love to know what it was like to work there! I'm sure very hard work, plus interesting clientele ?