Valued Contributor

Price adjustment was refused today and I just received the item a few days ago

I just received a liz claiborne top a few days ago paid around 26. for it.  Today it was on Lunchtime special for under 10.  I wrote customer service and they replied with a refusal to make a price adjustment.  Was this c.s. rep. in error or has the policy changed?

Thanks for any info.

Honored Contributor

Re: Price adjustment was refused today and I just received the item a few days ago

It's like the Magic 8 Ball call back and talk to someone else -- it will be a different answer. IMO you should get a price adjustment.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

Re: Price adjustment was refused today and I just received the item a few days ago

I would give them a call and (politely) ask them to make the price adjustment.  Unless their policy has changed, if an item was purchased within 30 days and it goes on sale they should make the adjustment.  It's worth a try ~ good luck!  :-)

Honored Contributor

Maybe try the social team.  Sometimes a mod pops into a thread and offers to help a poster.  I think you should get the price adjustment.

Valued Contributor

This is the reply I got to request my email...

'Our apology regarding our 45 day price adjustment does not apply to lunch
time specials are one time only sale items.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you for shopping with us.

It has been a pleasure assisting you.  Thank you for shopping with QVC!

Regards,

Randy'

=====

I'll call them in the morning and see what they say.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@CaChica wrote:

This is the reply I got to request my email...

'Our apology regarding our 45 day price adjustment does not apply to lunch
time specials are one time only sale items.
We appreciate your understanding and thank you for shopping with us.

It has been a pleasure assisting you.  Thank you for shopping with QVC!

Regards,

Randy'

=====

I'll call them in the morning and see what they say.  Thanks.

The best of luck to you.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Valued Contributor

Magic 8 Ball is right, ha, ha.

Honored Contributor

definitely call.

whenever i see a price lower than what i paid (even if it is a lunchtime special or one day only) i have never had a problem getting an adjustment.

i always thought it was 30 days....didnt know it was 45!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I am under the impression that there is a law in Pennsylvania that states that if an item goes on sale within 10 days of purchase, the seller must adjust he price and refund the difference.  QVC is located in PA.

I would call CD again and see if they will adjust the price for you.  IF not, some credit card companies will adjust a price if the purchase was made on their card... Citi, Barclay, Chase and Discover offer this as a perk on some of their cards.

Honored Contributor

@CaChica wrote:

I just received a liz claiborne top a few days ago paid around 26. for it.  Today it was on Lunchtime special for under 10.  I wrote customer service and they replied with a refusal to make a price adjustment.  Was this c.s. rep. in error or has the policy changed?

Thanks for any info.

@CaChica

This has happened to me ,,, but IMO you should have called and spoken to a human being .... don't email.  It's more difficult for them to decline a customer on the phone.