Respected Contributor

Re: Prayers for the Jordanian pilot and his family

Hoping we will lose respect for our police and military is the first step in weakening our country. I'm surprised they haven't started bombing our supermarkets and stores but then they want an even more horrific event than that 9/11 to get our attention. Even our intelligence admits they expect an attack on the homeland in 2015 and are worried.

After the 9/11 attack we learned that two of the participants lived only a few miles from us; even giving a barbeque for their neighbors the night before. Neighbors said they presented themselves as especially nice people.

According to history, I see that there is no country that can't be taken down under the right circumstances. (Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire great civilization is an example) History seems to provide a pattern in these matters. That said, I certainly hope you are right Terrier and the experts are wrong.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prayers for the Jordanian pilot and his family

On 2/5/2015 HiLo said:

Hoping we will lose respect for our police and military is the first step in weakening our country. I'm surprised they haven't started bombing our supermarkets and stores but then they want an even more horrific event than that 9/11 to get our attention. Even our intelligence admits they expect an attack on the homeland in 2015 and are worried.

After the 9/11 attack we learned that two of the participants lived only a few miles from us; even giving a barbeque for their neighbors the night before. Neighbors said they presented themselves as especially nice people.

According to history, I see that there is no country that can't be taken down under the right circumstances. (Rise and Fall of the Roman Empire great civilization is an example) History seems to provide a pattern in these matters. That said, I certainly hope you are right Terrier and the experts are wrong.

Countries (like the Roman Empire) fall apart because of rot from WITHIN, not from outside enemies.