QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Honored Contributor

I told my DH we should have taken it down the street to UPS to see what they would charge. I bet it is less, but not significantly less.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I think postage is one of the biggest bargains we have. What would it cost to hire a person to do this privately. God bless the postal workers and the post office

Compared to what other countries pay for their postage, ours is one of the cheapest.

Honored Contributor

Re: Postage - ridiculous !

[ Edited ]

@cakersSo why did you?

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@cakersSo why did you?

@151949 Because I love you.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

The price you paid sounds very reasonable to me.  What do you think the price should have been?

Honored Contributor

I thought the envelopes and boxes at the Post Office were free?  I've never had to pay for a box, bags, etc.  They are sitting right out for the taking.

In the future, our Dollar Tree also sells padded envelopes of all sizes for mailing things. 

Trusted Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I thought the envelopes and boxes at the Post Office were free?  I've never had to pay for a box, bags, etc.  They are sitting right out for the taking.

In the future, our Dollar Tree also sells padded envelopes of all sizes for mailing things. 

Only the boxes ad bags for Priority and Express are free.  Other mailing supplies (e.g. padded envelopes, shipping tape, etc.) are not free.

While one can get padded envelopes for less elsewhere, when you buy them at the post office, you are payig for convenience.

Trusted Contributor

I re-use padded envelopes all the time. The Qvc labels peel off easy enough theirs and I save those to use. 

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Only the boxes ad bags for Priority and Express are free.  Other mailing supplies (e.g. padded envelopes, shipping tape, etc.) are not free.

While one can get padded envelopes for less elsewhere, when you buy them at the post office, you are payig for convenience.

In the case of the OP, she was already in a dollar store for the card so in the future, it would be worth looking there for a padded envelope.

I thought all mailing supplies were free.  But now that I think about it, I almost always end up sending stuff priority.