Esteemed Contributor

Re: Popcorn/pretzels/potato chips or ?????

@Moonchilde wrote:

Lays potato chips, Fritos, air-puffed Cheetos, shrimp chips, popcorn, apple & peanut butter, yogurt and yogurt drinks, peanuts and pistachios in the shell. I'm not really a hard pretzel person, though I like the big soft pretzels but more as a meal - too big for a snack.

@Moonchilde

Oh yeah!  Those big soft pretzels are good with a dollop of mustard smeared over top!  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Pretzels, granola, Cheese-its, small tomatoes (cherub, grape, the yellow ones) dipped in hummus, and baby carrots.

Honored Contributor

@CareBears

If you like popcorn, you can make it savory without salt by adding grated parmesan or parm-blend cheese.

Or some nutritional yeast flakes, basil, oregano, garlic powder, or other herbs and combos.

Honored Contributor

Which popping corn do you use, @hckynut?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I must say .....   this thread was a real shocker.    I didn't realize people ate so much "kwap" between meals!    Empty calories, excessive salt and fat .....   and none of them are the least bit healthy!

As kids, we were raised to believe that if it isn't healthy ... don't put it in your mouth!    When I came home from school, there was always fruit and stuffed celery sticks.  The celery sticks were stuffed with cream cheese, peanut butter and sometimes tuna salad.    While my mom wasn't a fan of eating between meals, she allowed a healthy snack while we were doing our homework.  

If you're having enough food at each of your meals, why do you even need to snack on non-food?    JMO 

If you have ever been on a weight loss diet or are eating according to healthy guidelines, you would know that snacks are allowed and necessary to keep us healthy,  the recommendation is three meals and two snacks a day.

Diabetics need to snack to keep their insulin levels balanced.

I am confused why you think cream cheese, tuna salad and peanut butter are low fat snacks if stuffed on a celery stick.  Peanut butter is high in sodium, fat and calories and cream cheese and tuna salad are too.

I am not a big snack person, but I do eat about once ounce of very, very dark chocolate everyday.  My family members won't eat it because they say it is bitter tasting.  I love it and it is healthy.

We only live once and there is no reason to deprive ourselves of the foods that we love.  Portion control is the key.

When people who interviewed on their 100 birthday, and are asked what they did to live so long, have you ever made note of their answers?  They smoke, drink and eat all kinds on foods considered unhealthy and they also state that they kept active.   Sounds like good advice to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

I hate, hate, hate popcorn. Hate it! Pretzels and potato chips have little to no nutritional value. If I'm going to snack, it'll be something like pear slices with almond butter or veggies with hummus. 

Different strokes, I guess, but I feel that if my meals provide me with a good nutritional balance, my snacks need not always do so... Sometimes my snacks are healthier than others, but sometimes they're just snacks... I prefer chips to pretzels or popcorn... but I also like other types of snack foods...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I am a salt vs. sweet person, so I am drawn to potato chips, popcorn and the like.

I can't keep a big bag of potato chips in the house, as I would eat the whole bag.

I try to limit my unhealthy guilty pleasures as much as I can.  When I am successful, I like to snack on a hardboiled egg, yogurt or the little baby-bell cheddar cheese snacks.  Sometimes I'll opt for something sweet like a low-cal fudgesicle or italian ice.

In my next life, I plan to come back as a more disciplined and healthy eater!  In this life, I stink at "willpower"! 

Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

On my road trip earlier this month I ate Wicked Mix spicy original. It's so good, I'm buying more for my upcoming road trip. I may even splurge and try the chocolate laced version too. 

Originalbag305x350.jpg

Made with pecan halves, Cashews, Almonds plus 4 other tasty morsels. Those 7 components are then spiced with a wicked brew containing spices, some secret, some not, resulting in a tasty snack mix that cannot be adequately described, only experienced…

@jaxs mom

I saw these this morning and picked up the Smoky Hot Chipotle choice.  I am addicted!  I ate the whole bag on the way home!!

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

On my road trip earlier this month I ate Wicked Mix spicy original. It's so good, I'm buying more for my upcoming road trip. I may even splurge and try the chocolate laced version too. 

Originalbag305x350.jpg

Made with pecan halves, Cashews, Almonds plus 4 other tasty morsels. Those 7 components are then spiced with a wicked brew containing spices, some secret, some not, resulting in a tasty snack mix that cannot be adequately described, only experienced…

@jaxs mom

I saw these this morning and picked up the Smoky Hot Chipotle choice.  I am addicted!  I ate the whole bag on the way home!!

@DiAnne I know they're insanely good. I'm glad you liked them. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval