Trusted Contributor

Re: Popcorn/pretzels/potato chips or ?????

I have a weakness for popcorn.  It is a challenge to go to the theater and NOT eat popcorn.  But lately, I've managed to control myself more by eating a kid's size bag. I used to eat a large popcorn all by myself.

At home, I pop it myself and try to not use too much butter or salt.  For me, it's all about portion size.  I have trouble if I make too much, I will eat it no matter what.

My husband is not a popcorn fan.  He loves Doritos and Fritos.  It's interesting that those don't interest me at all.

Trusted Contributor

@RedTop, I am with you on the Utz potato chips. Oh, how I crave them -- the regular, not rippled. Kroger sells them here at a great price (unfortunately).

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1

Those orange fingers are a giveaway.  My neighbor introduced me to crunchy Cheetos dipped in Ranch Dressing......

Esteemed Contributor

I (used to) just love, love, love popcorn. Organic with olive oil & sea salt.  I would skip a meal for popcorn.

but the last time I ate it I had the worst diverticulitis attack!  A week long painful stomach ache! I threw away my popcorn & popper! Never again.  It hurt so bad I was praying I would either be healed or let me die. 

So I have to find something else crunchy and salty.  I like potato chips, so maybe.....

Honored Contributor

potato chips at home and sometime little fishy's (sp).  At the movies I ALWAYS get popcorn and sometimes snowcaps.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@QVCkitty1

Those orange fingers are a giveaway.  My neighbor introduced me to crunchy Cheetos dipped in Ranch Dressing......

@DiAnne@Yes, you can't hide the dreaded orange fingers.LOL

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm definitely hooked on Stacey's Pita Chips....Just the plain, naked ones. Salivating now thinking about them. Not supposed to have many carbs, so purchase smallest bag, have about tiny handful and then hide them from myself. Unfortunately, I know all the best hiding places. 😜

Esteemed Contributor

I like them but I rarely eat pretzels, chips, or popcorn. My snacks? lol. A peanut butter and marshmallow (or jelly) sandwich, Italian  ice, chocolate marshmallow ice cream (only Turkey Hill brand), or a giant orange. I have cut back on the ice cream lately but I cant guarantee it when Summer comes :-)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@GCR18 The snack triggers are sweet ,salty or fatty.I try to buy unsalted,low sugar or fat free snacks.You just don't eat as much of these because the trigger is usually what keeps you going.

@dex

My trigger is salt.  I usually have the little bags of pretzels on hand for work.  I rarely buy chips and popcorn.  I don't miss it if I don't buy it.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

It used to be popcorn for me, but a couple of chipped teeth and I said no more.  

Pretzels are dry...potato chips are not good for me according to doc and, if I can't have Better Made (Detroit), why bother lol.  

I have no self-control around candy, so I try not to buy.  

I like pistachios.

My health food nut friends are always trying to "help" me...they got me started on Crunchmaster crackers.  Gluten-free (I'm not, but some of my friends are), Non-GMO, cholesteral free, low sodium, oven baked, and surprisingly good!  Several of their other products are vegan/dairy free.  Dip in hummus or eat them out of the bag.  Original or rosemary and olive oil.  It satisfies my munchies.  I recommend them.  

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~