Esteemed Contributor

Re: Popcorn/pretzels/potato chips or ?????

I like popcorn. I get the small bags for Skinny Pop. There are only 100 calories in a 6.5 oz bag. It satifies my craving and the popcorn is very good. Another good popcorn is Nearly Naked. They are all low calorie and taste good.

Honored Contributor

I call it trail mix.    Walmart sells their own blend  "Great value" brand

K-9 & I will eat pork skins sometimes

I don't eat popcorn or pretzels.

I like those lime tortilla chips with salsa--Tostitos Hint of Lime

Or just a plain Lay's Potato chip with or without onion dip

I'm not very picky.  Sadly

@rustee

Trusted Contributor

Mostly pretzels, just one night a week at most.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i never snack  or munch, as you call it, between meals.  Too easy to get in too many calories.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

The new healthier me accepts that there are foods I will probably never ever eat again.  Potato chips fall into that category, Nutella does too I am sad to say.  When I can add more foods into my diet, I think salf-free pretzels and salf-free air popped popcorn will be my snack foods.  I can make them tasty with spices.  Sunday, I popped some popcorn in a paper bag and seasoned it with a honey bbq hot sause that I have....loved it. 

I do that too. I like using a paper bag for popped corn. Nice to have it without all the chemicals they put in the microwave stuff. 

Not that I don't ever use the micro stuff, but mostly use my own bag and Trader Joe's popping corn. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rustee

For over 4 months my main meal(I graze during the day so essentially I have no set meals) has been my home cooked popcorn. No butter/no salt, occasionally melt mocz or cheddar in it or on it. 

No nuts other than my fresh ground peanut butter/no sugar/no salt and no hydrogenation, just peanuts. Popcorn "kernels stuck in your throat"? How do you swallow any solid food if kernals get stuck? 

My popcorn pops all the kernals, and also has little to no hulls, which means none get stuck between my teeth. Right amount of the right oils to right popcorn and amounts, and make sure of the amount of heat so it pops just right.

If my wife has pretzels sitting around I will eat a few. I prefer the unsalted, she does not. No potato chips for me, but an occasional corn tortilla if my wife is eating them. That's about it for me when it comes to your topic.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@StylishLady

Microwave popcorn? Cut open a bag and play "find the popcorn kernels in the fat". Not me! Mixed nuts, now that is a good snack and not bad for the ole bod

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Love 'em, but have to be careful, because they trigger binges.  So, I have my little rules:  Only buy Lays potato chips when they are on sale for $.88, which, for the Family size, doesn't happen too often. Haven't had popcorn or pretzels in ages, but I do like them.

Honored Contributor

I am not into eating snacks most of the time, but occasionally I'll eat trail mix from Walmart, their brand... big bag for less than $5.

During the summer months I usually have gluten free pretzels around. Everyone also goes for them first, so,I have to hide them for myself,

If I have nuts in the house, I can't leave them alone,,,, my very favorite snack.

Popcorn?  I am only into chocolate drizzled popcorn.  It's that kind or nothing.

Honored Contributor

The only snack food in our house all the time is Orville Redenbacher popcorn (not microwave).   I have always popped it in a heavy pot on the stove, but our new glass microwave popper works well, and my husband has also learned to use it.   

Utz potato chips are a true weakness for me; my husband favors BBQ Fritos or Crunchy Cheetos, all of which rarely ever get in our grocery cart.   I try not to eat anything after 6 p.m.