Honored Contributor

Re: Popcorn/pretzels/potato chips or ?????

@chrystaltree wrote:

The new healthier me accepts that there are foods I will probably never ever eat again.  Potato chips fall into that category, Nutella does too I am sad to say.  When I can add more foods into my diet, I think salf-free pretzels and salf-free air popped popcorn will be my snack foods.  I can make them tasty with spices.  Sunday, I popped some popcorn in a paper bag and seasoned it with a honey bbq hot sause that I have....loved it. 

@chrystaltree

I have eaten popcorn with regular hot sauce----I like hot and spicey and its good! Woman Very Happy

I have a Nordicware Microwave bowl especially designed for popcorn, I use a tablespoon of olive oil and after the popcorn is popped I also add tasty spices.  If you like spicey things you might want to try Mrs. Dash Southwest Chiplote seasoning on your popcorn....its yummy!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

@gmkb I forgot about Apples with Peanut Butter, I love that snack!

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I just worked through my addiction to Smartfood white cheddar popcorn.  I started dabbling in the white stuff back in the 80s.  I figured no one would know because I wouldn't have orange fingers from Cheetos or Nacho Cheese Doritos.  I needed that cheese fix.

I was in remission for more than two decades.  Then, last year...

But like I said, I got help and I've worked through it.

Sometimes I get the craving.  Sometimes I'm tempted by the perfectly wonderful crunch of a Kettle chip.  Sometimes I fantasize about pretzels or the buttery, salty wonderfulness of microwave movie theater-style popcorn.

But I just say no.

When I get the craving I reach for cashews, almonds or roasted pumpkin seeds.

One day at a time.

@just bee

I just wanted to tell you that I loved this post. Smiley Happy

I read it at least three times laughing at something different each time. 

You have a great writing style that's very entertaining! 

Honored Contributor

Like everything listed, but am trying to eat healthy more often, so I don't buy those things anymore. 

If I'm snacking it's a Larabar, or almonds, or dried cranberries, fruit of just about any kind, or celery and peanut butter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like all of the above.  But I LOVE hummus.  I could eat it on printer paper.  So my favorite snack is a slice of (room temperature) Ezekial bread slathered with hummus.  YUM!!!

I also eat roasted in the shell peanuts.  I put them in a huge ziplock bag and it's less messy that way.

Honored Contributor

On my road trip earlier this month I ate Wicked Mix spicy original. It's so good, I'm buying more for my upcoming road trip. I may even splurge and try the chocolate laced version too. 

Originalbag305x350.jpg

Made with pecan halves, Cashews, Almonds plus 4 other tasty morsels. Those 7 components are then spiced with a wicked brew containing spices, some secret, some not, resulting in a tasty snack mix that cannot be adequately described, only experienced…

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Skinny Pop popcorn is a healthier popcorn, if someone is looking for that. Grocery stores have it, and Costco has it for a better price.
"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

The new healthier me accepts that there are foods I will probably never ever eat again.  Potato chips fall into that category, Nutella does too I am sad to say.  When I can add more foods into my diet, I think salf-free pretzels and salf-free air popped popcorn will be my snack foods.  I can make them tasty with spices.  Sunday, I popped some popcorn in a paper bag and seasoned it with a honey bbq hot sause that I have....loved it. 

@chrystaltree

I have eaten popcorn with regular hot sauce----I like hot and spicey and its good! Woman Very Happy

I have a Nordicware Microwave bowl especially designed for popcorn, I use a tablespoon of olive oil and after the popcorn is popped I also add tasty spices.  If you like spicey things you might want to try Mrs. Dash Southwest Chiplote seasoning on your popcorn....its yummy!!!  

Oh, I've tried a couple of the Mrs Dash's on my popcorn.  Good stuff!!  Someday I might get one of those microwave bowls for my popcorn but right now, a paper bag works fine for me.  Perhaps I came late to that party but I only discovered that paper bag for popcorn thing a few months ago on Youtube.  Opened up a new world for me...lol  Sometimes I use a little olive oil but not always.  Sometimes I put it in a bowl and spray some butter flavored Pam on it and add my spices.  100 fat free, salt free calories never tasted so good. 

Honored Contributor

A handful of Black Walnuts.

Honored Contributor

Pretzels (and a jar of Nutella)!