Respected Contributor

Re: Popcorn/pretzels/potato chips or ?????

Love popcorn but I have to eat it with dental floss right beside me.  I can't stand it stuck in my teeth for one minute.

I actually like all three that you mentioned, but I'll add one more to the selection.  Crackers!  I love snack crackers best such as Triscuts or Wheat Thins.

I'm on Weight Watchers, so everything is in small portions! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Now do not hate me everyone, but I have a terrible time with salt, I cannot even cook with salt (I leave the salt & pepper shaker out), my body retains fluid so bad even a tiny hint of salt I balloon up, so I have had to find alternative snacks to munch on, lately I have been loving baby carrots dipped in a little ranch dressing, I get the crunch that I crave and it takes a little longer to eat which I guess is a good thing.  I also crave fruit now more so than any sweet I use to turn to.

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite is a flavored chip.  I'll eat about any chip except for plain.  I love popcorn but rarely have it except for the Smartfood White Cheddar popcorn.  Pretzels are OK....just a little too bland for me.  I love Cashews, Almonds and dry roasted peanuts.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Popcorn rare occasion

Don't like pretzels, have to be despirate, and I don't buy those.

Chips. Now you're barking up my tree!! Any kind, all kinds, sizes, varieties. (Can't eat just one). I have baked ones here now.

Added shakes from NeutriSystem that our grocery store sells now. For chocolate it helps and it fills me for quite awhile.

I look also for WW cakes, or fudgecicles for alternatives. Try not to get bogged down so it's easier to do the right choices.

Fruit for sure, not a vegetable snacker.  Have a huge salad every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal I noticed that you like Nutrisystem shakes, I do too, but for variety I have found that I also like the brand "Premier" they have Chocolate, Strawberry, Vanilla, Banana Cream, & Caramel, they have 30 grams of protein and only 2 grams of sugar, and even my husband who does NOT eat or drink anything diet likes them, I have one with a slice of fruit for breakfast and it keeps me satisfied into early afternoon, they are available at Walmart.

Honored Contributor

Potato chips are my complete downfall. I've just given them up again to try to lose some weight. I love plain ones, not flavored. I love pretzels too, Snyders snaps are my favorite. Not a big fan of popcorn.

I love potato sticks too, allow myself one small bag of those a week now instead of chips.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@CareBears, bless your heart, thank you. I'll have to check that out. Sounds great.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a sweet snack fancier, you can have your cakes, pies, cupcakes, cookies, yes even chocolate-----I prefer salty snacks!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE Popcorn--

index.jpg

I also like Pretzels---Snyders flavored pretzel bits in jalepeno and buffalo wing flavors are a favorite.....

index.jpg

pistachios, walnuts, almonds, cashews, peacans, brazil nuts, and regular peanuts---love them all

index.jpg

I have to admit I'm a potato chip addict---all kinds!  I have to limit myself to a small bag....

index.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The new healthier me accepts that there are foods I will probably never ever eat again.  Potato chips fall into that category, Nutella does too I am sad to say.  When I can add more foods into my diet, I think salf-free pretzels and salf-free air popped popcorn will be my snack foods.  I can make them tasty with spices.  Sunday, I popped some popcorn in a paper bag and seasoned it with a honey bbq hot sause that I have....loved it. 

Honored Contributor

If I'm snacking it's usually on fruit, nuts, maybe a few chocolate chips, yogurt or hummus. 

I don't like popcorn and I rarely eat potato chips. I love those peanut butter filled pretzels but I purposely don't buy them because I can't control myself. If I'm on a long road trip I like trail mix and dried fruit. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval