Respected Contributor

Re: Poor Madonna Fell Off the State During Performance

the only thing that comes to mind is a verse from a song............she works hard for the money...................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Super Contributor

On 2/26/2015 croemer said:
On 2/26/2015 Autumn in NY said:
On 2/26/2015 adelle38 said:

PIERS MORGAN: Falling off the stage, Madonna, is God's way of telling you you're too old to cavort like a hooker

Piers is such a class act. Thanks for repeating his kind words.

Thanks for quoting his quote.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Can I quote your quote of her quote of your quote?

Teehee

Trusted Contributor

Why is this attitude of "you're too old to perform" never applied to male pop stars. I've never heard any remarks like this directed toward Mick Jagger, Gene Simmons, Steven Tyler....

ok, I think I've corrected my grammar mistakes..must be my age{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Super Contributor

Why is this attitude of "your to old to perform" never applied to male pop stars. I've never heard any remarks like this directed toward Mick Jagger, Gene Simmons, Steven Tyler....

Consider the source. Piers is a bloated 47ish year old who looks 67.

And considering the fact that most women are the first to criticize a woman who doesn't act her "age" i.e., having a boy toy (Demi Moore with Ashton, etc), or believing that older woman shouldn't wear short skirts or long hair or wear a bikini....but same women have no problem with Michael Douglas with Catherine Zeta Jones or Harrison Ford with Callista Flockhart.

Trusted Contributor

Why is this attitude of "your to old to perform" never applied to male pop stars. I've never heard any remarks like this directed toward Mick Jagger, Gene Simmons, Steven Tyler....

Consider the source. Piers is a bloated 47ish year old who looks 67.

And considering the fact that most women are the first to criticize a woman who doesn't act her "age" i.e., having a boy toy (Demi Moore with Ashton, etc), or believing that older woman shouldn't wear short skirts or long hair or wear a bikini....but same women have no problem with Michael Douglas with Catherine Zeta Jones or Harrison Ford with Callista Flockhart.

Piers will be 50 next month, but I agree he looks older.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Honored Contributor

Why is this attitude of "your too old to perform" never applied to male pop stars. I've never heard any remarks like this directed toward Mick Jagger, Gene Simmons, Steven Tyler....

Good point.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Super Contributor

She took quite a spill and continued with the performance. Good for her.

Esteemed Contributor

I've heard plenty of geriatric references to older male performers like the Stones and Steven Tyler. I understand your point though. There does seem to be a double standard to a point, but let's face it, old age is not revered in today's society.

Esteemed Contributor

Why is this attitude of "you're too old to perform" never applied to male pop stars. I've never heard any remarks like this directed toward Mick Jagger, Gene Simmons, Steven Tyler....

ok, I think I've corrected my grammar mistakes..must be my age{#emotions_dlg.blushing}

I totally agree!! Those men still do concerts and they are much older than Madonna and certainly do not look as good!! Madonna is not old and she has been doing this all of her adult life, she didn't just start. This is WHO SHE IS! Anyone can fall.

Honored Contributor

Luckily she wasn't hurt.