Honored Contributor

Re: Police officer gives a speeding motorist a 100 mile ride

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG I like your thread very much, I was just reading a day or two ago where a group of police officers chipped in and bought a young man a bicycle so that he could get to work, they had noticed that he walked both ways.

Another story I read yesterday on fb (with a video) had a cop in uniform who used to be in a high school drum line, participated at a football game and never missed a beat . He was fantastic.

(Please stop blaming the media for not reporting these stories, I get to see them and I read newspapers and news sites all day long).

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@Vassago wrote:

Thank you for understanding my point Itiswhatitis.

People doing the job doesn't need to be reported or in the news, they take an oath to protect and serve. In the news, a pleasant cashier rings up a customer....

The realizing there is a major problem in the police fields with calls for accountability, does not make one anti police or think negative of police in general. You can be pro police and realize the problem of rogue officers. They aren't mutually exclusive. 

Again I agree @Vassago.  I'm growing weary of some of the excuses used.  The good officers (plenty, plenty of them), are stuck.  I just wish they could speak up but we all know the backlash they will receive if they don't remain silent.  This puts their lives in jeopardy when they are on the job.  Let them get on the wrong side of their union.  It's not right.  Many of them are stuck between a rock and hard place and it makes their jobs just that more difficult.  There has got to be a better way though.  One day, maybe....

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Vassago wrote:
Keep turning your heads from the problem

Keep looking at the negative.

@Venezia We have to.  Ignoring the negative won't solve our problems.

@Vassago

@Venezia

@itiswhatitis

I can tell you are very passionate about this subject.

I respect your opinions.

Though....

I would implore to start a fresh thread.

This subject, and more importantly your opinions, can

be giving the due respect it deserves versus buried within

a positive thread.  

I would think if one thinks that strongly about law enforcement,

one would want to dedicate an entire thread about it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Vassago wrote:

I am turning my head away from you.  Why do you see a problem with a wonderful story about two human beings?

This is not the place and time to be negative.  Every kind action by anyone should be appreciated.  It doesn't matter who the people are.

Also, too many negative comments are going to get this thread zapped.  I hope that is not your intention.

Respected Contributor

Truth - there will always be positive and negative.

Truth - positive is better and will always come out on top.

Thumbs up @IamMrsG.

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar  Thank you. 

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Esteemed Contributor

Nice to hear good news.  I have respect for police officers.  Telling a quick story.... hubby was driving, uneven surface and hidden curb (construction)  Hit the abutment.  Tore up two tires.  Had to stop cold.  Police officer spotted us(our angel just happend to be in the area).  He got out and waited for us to make the call to the tow truck, he even got on phone to make sure the company would not delay.  He waited until the entire job was done, car in tow and us in the truck.  He made sure exactly where the car would be towed...our exact place that we do business with. And then he said goodbye.  He was a K-9 officer on his way home.  We were treated royally with respect.  We are so blessed to have him looking out for us.  And yes, with his card that I asked for I sent a letter of thanks to his office and to his commander.  

Honored Contributor

@Vassago wrote:

People doing the job doesn't need to be reported or in the news, they take an oath to protect and serve. In the news, a pleasant cashier rings up a customer....

The realizing there is a major problem in the police fields with calls for accountability, does not make one anti police or think negative of police in general. You can be pro police and realize the problem of rogue officers. They aren't mutually exclusive. 

And why not. To further the agenda of the haters? 

In reality there are 1000 or more good stories for each bad one. But for those that only want the bad to be the focus, what do you hope to gain? More riots, more division, more hate, more deaths, more bad stories to develop, from the perception that it is all bad? 

The results of that rest on your head.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Vassago wrote:

Keep looking at the negative.

@Venezia We have to.  Ignoring the negative won't solve our problems.

@Vassago

@Venezia

@itiswhatitis

I can tell you are very passionate about this subject.

I respect your opinions.

Though....

I would implore to start a fresh thread.

This subject, and more importantly your opinions, can

be giving the due respect it deserves versus buried within

a positive thread.  

I would think if one thinks that strongly about law enforcement,

one would want to dedicate an entire thread about it. 

@sidsmom Won't that be closed?  I think so.  Did I ask YOU to start a new thread when you injected unnecessary opinions in one of my threads?  I don't do that.  The OP and the posts that came immediately after left the door open for my comments.  They are relevant to the general theme of this discussion.

Thanks.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

@Vassago wrote:

And why not. To further the agenda of the haters? 

In reality there are 1000 or more good stories for each bad one. But for those that only want the bad to be the focus, what do you hope to gain? More riots, more division, more hate, more deaths, more bad stories to develop, from the perception that it is all bad? 

The results of that rest on your head.

@Mominohio Find them.  Let's discuss them.  I'd love to read them.  No cop hating here from me.  You don't know a thing about me or my family to say such a thing.  

*Call Tyrone*