Honored Contributor

Re: Pokemon Go-what is wrong with these people?

[ Edited ]

Wish they would create a game where you go around picking up dog poop and trash. Make it real trendy and the latest thing. Think how we could clean up the environment!

Respected Contributor

Just another way for people to interact with an electronic device instead of building actual human interpersonal relationships.............if they have all this time on their hands they should be out volunteering with summer lunch programs/homeless shelters/animal shelters/senior centers/helping with summer reading programs........I could go on forever.  With so many programs losing funding they desperately need help and what a wonderful way to spend a few hours...........much more rewarding than staring at your phone.......JMO!!

Honored Contributor

I heard a man who is 30 called in on John Gibson's talk show yesterday stating that he had to delete it because he was unable to do anything else but play the game since it came out.  John asked if he was married and he said yes and his wife did not tell him to stop but she was not thrilled with it all.  It appears to have no age limit to the addiction. 

I have heard of Pokemon but have no clue to what it is all about.  Came out after my time as a child and as a Mom to a game playing son.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Takes men longer to grow up. Wife is probably glad to be rid of him LOL

Honored Contributor

LOL!!! Guess I'm in the dark. I heard of the Pokemon game the other day. I have no idea what's it's all about. I'm still playing Candy Crush. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

They do not have "to chase" the characters around.  A few people are not being respectful of various locations, as is the case on most days, it is not the games fault.

I agree, but I also hope that the game changes the spawn locations and blocks out certain areas.

The compnay used the same spawn points for Pokemon as it did for a previous game and those players were generally older, more respectful, and from a MUCH smaller player base. That game brought more positive attention to important landmarks that some people didn't know about and allowed players themselves to add the spawn points. The new game bringing huge groups of people who have different goals.

Esteemed Contributor

One on line news story I read reported a man who said he struck up a casual conversation on the steps of St. Patrick's with a man who proudly announced that he was waiting outside for his daughter who,was inside the church playing this game.  No question about where she got her values!

Frequent Contributor

my son plays this game, from what I understand you don't have to run around the street like a fool you could walk and catch the Pokemon. My son is a big boy and since the game came out he has been walking for at least 2 hours a day.

Although its its still playing on a phone he still walks around and as a good time, he knows better then to disrespect a business. On the other hand I saw 2 little kids running in the parking lot of Walmart with parents watching which was dangerous they were weaving in and out of park cars even my son said that was nuts. So everything has it good and bad.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet

I believe I overheard on one of the news shows that one of the locations (in a park) had a loaded gun for the players to find. Maybe I misunderstood. I was busy trying to understand who plants what for this game.

Too bad... finding out about national treasures (with respect) would have been such a good idea.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
QVC Customer Care