Honored Contributor

Re: Please Tell Everyone About Your Avatar :)

SilleeMee wrote:

I have tears in my eyes now after reading about how many here have loved their pets so much as to honor them as an avatar. I would have done the same but I never owned a camera or cell with a camera to take pics of my now-passed Golden "Taji". She was the most special dog I ever had. I wish I had at least one pic of here but I don't and that is so sad. She would have been my avatar.

Oh nooo!  Smiley Sad  I, too, am sad that you don't have any pics of your girl.

I hope if you get another animal baby that you get a camera.   I am a picture-taking fool.    I take hundreds of pics a year.  Now that it's all digital, the only cost is getting the camera and whatever equipment you like.  You can get a pretty good point-n-shoot, or bridge camera, for pretty small bucks these days.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I have tears in my eyes now after reading about how many here have loved their pets so much as to honor them as an avatar. I would have done the same but I never owned a camera or cell with a camera to take pics of my now-passed Golden "Taji". She was the most special dog I ever had. I wish I had at least one pic of here but I don't and that is so sad. She would have been my avatar.

You may not have a photo that you can use as an avatar but you do have something better--the most magnificant picture of Taji in your heart.

I have a cat named "Taja".

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

@Marp@chickenbutt,

I do have another Golden furbaby girl "Annie". Shortly after I got her I ran as quickly as I could run to buy a camera. Now I have many pics of her. I will never be without a camera...ever!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

SilleeMee wrote:

@Marp@chickenbutt,

I do have another Golden furbaby girl "Annie". Shortly after I got her I ran as quickly as I could run to buy a camera. Now I have many pics of her. I will never be without a camera...ever!Woman Happy

Yay!  That's awesome.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Mine is a picture I took of the artwork on an antique tin depicting a Nordic Ship at sea....  Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Plumeria flowers.  They remind me of Hawaii and the color is cheerful.  

From Flower Meaning dot com:  

In the Hawaiian culture, the plumeria symbolizes positivity and is used in leis or to celebrate special occasions. When worn in the hair, the plumeria flowersymbolizes the relationship status of the wearer. Aflower over the right ear means she is available while one over the left means she is taken. 

Esteemed Contributor

Smokey.pngThis is Smokey. He was my avatar for a long time until I changed it a couple of weeks ago. My dh didn't grow up with cats, wasn't particularly fond of them. I was a long time cat lover. When we were first married, my oldest son found a small gray kitten on his dad's farm that really needed some TLC. (This isn't him) He brought him to us, we took him to the vet to be checked out. He weighed 1.5 pounds. My dh picked him up one evening and held him in his very large hand and it was love at first sight. When we lost our sweetie TJ, dh was heartbroken. He went on line and it was as if fate intervened there was Smokey needing a home. He looked identical to our TJ. We drove to another town, our other dog and my brother's dog in tow, and got Smokey from a no kill center. He was six at the time and is the best cat ever. Dh said he doesn't replace TJ and never will, but he loves him just the same. Sorry to ramble on.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Mine's a little hard to see, but it's a window sill with a sign that says "Gone to the Beach," which is where I wish I were right now - actually all of the time! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

My adorable Golden.

Heart on four paws lol.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee

I love your avatar, but I will find you some pictures of your beloved Golden "Taji" if you want.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~