Esteemed Contributor

Re: Places That You Would Love to Visit?

I live in Italy part time so I've seen a lot of Europe but I have places I just love to go to time and time again and I never tire of them.  Since retirement, I have the time and have been working on my bucket list which is pretty much complete.  I've traveled to Austrailia, NZ and Africa on Safari; they were at the top and were spectacular.  I have three remaining places I want to see.  This fall we will travel to Israel, Jordan (I've always had security concerns but today, few places are really safe) and Greece and The Greek Isles; I've been to Greece but not the Isles, then Malta and back to Italy through Sicily...

Japan, Thailand and South Korea and the polar bear migration are left...

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would love to visit Australia and the Far East, but the long flights would make me crazy.  You would probably see me on the news - a flight had to be diverted because a woman lost her mind on a long flight.  My husband does a lot of business travel, lots of trips to Asia.  He can fall asleep before the flight even takes off - drives me crazy because I cannot sleep on a plane for longer than 10 minutes at a time.

Lots of wonderful places to see in the world but long flights are not for me.  Not afraid of flying, I just can't stand being cooped up for that long.  Flying to Europe is about as long a flight as I can handle.

ETA:  I have always wanted to visit Egypt to see the ancient sites but I would be a bit afraid in that part of the world right now.

Honored Contributor

Montana, Colorado and Wyoming to name a few.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@naturalfan wrote:

I would love to visit Australia and the Far East, but the long flights would make me crazy.  You would probably see me on the news - a flight had to be diverted because a woman lost her mind on a long flight.  My husband does a lot of business travel, lots of trips to Asia.  He can fall asleep before the flight even takes off - drives me crazy because I cannot sleep on a plane for longer than 10 minutes at a time.

Lots of wonderful places to see in the world but long flights are not for me.  Not afraid of flying, I just can't stand being cooped up for that long.  Flying to Europe is about as long a flight as I can handle.

ETA:  I have always wanted to visit Egypt to see the ancient sites but I would be a bit afraid in that part of the world right now.

You should consider cruising to those far away places.

Respected Contributor

Recently I've been thinking that I'd like to return to Juan Les Pins, a town in the South of France with a lovely beach, where I spent a very happy week  when I was on my first trip to Europe in my late 20s. 

I would also like to go to Spain and explore Barcelona and Spanish cuisine. That's a new interest sparked by a couple of recent culinary delights out of a new Spanish cookbook.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite IMO the south of France is the loviest place on earth. We lived in Mersailles for a few months once.Loved it there.

My second husband has no desire to travel at all and I am content to stay in the good ole USA considering the state of things in the world now. Not that we are any safer here.

Honored Contributor

We HATE to travel. There is not any place we would like to visit.

Super Contributor

I would like to go to Italy, France, Eastern Germany, Barcelona, Austria, Australia, may be Holland, and England and Israel.

Respected Contributor

There's no place like home! 🌎🌏

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Recently I've been thinking that I'd like to return to Juan Les Pins, a town in the South of France with a lovely beach, where I spent a very happy week  when I was on my first trip to Europe in my late 20s. 

I would also like to go to Spain and explore Barcelona and Spanish cuisine. That's a new interest sparked by a couple of recent culinary delights out of a new Spanish cookbook.

@Burnsite- Barcelona is one of my favorite cities in the world....it has everything and I never tire of it....I hope you get a chance to go, it is quite unique and beautiful with fabulous food....I was just there past fall.  It is a city I miss when I leave