Honored Contributor

Re: Places That You Would Love to Visit?

I have to say, I hate to travel. If I could just blink and I'd be in Warsaw in Poland I'd go, other wise no thanks.

Honored Contributor

Lapdog wrote:

A cruise to Alaska.  To see all the wildlife.

If you can work it out, do it!

Alaska was my first cruise.  It was only 10 days but it was magnificent.   The wildlife, the glaciers (hurry before they're gone!).   It was all around a wonderful time.

Back then I would book the cruises or vacations ahead and pay for them over the months before so that by the time we went it was paid off, including a few thousand for spending money.   That made it easier to swallow - a little bit at a time.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kardashians...................................

Probably Australia.

Respected Contributor

A few of the Greek Islands.

Bora Bora.

Antigua.

-Texas Hill Country-
Respected Contributor

#1,  Italy

#2. Paris

Honored Contributor

I did visit at this place but I'd love to go back.  In fact my daughter went back there because I loved it so much.  She did face-time and showed me it is still beautiful and storybook.  It's Stratford Upon Avon...Shakespear's birthplace.

Respected Contributor

Crete abroad - and i'd like to see as many presidential libraries as possible here. i've knocked off a few here in Cali. moving to the Carolinas in the fall and should be able to cover several on the way.

Respected Contributor

I would love to go to Norway. I just heard that it's where people are the happiest. Seriously though I would love to go. Also to the Czech Republic. The drawback now is my DH can't fly anymore. So my other choices are James Town N.Y. where Lucille Ball was born. Then I'd go to Ellis Island to see the wall of plaques that my in laws are on. They immigrated from Prague, Czechoslovakia. Plus i'd like to go back to Mt. Rushmore and the Bad Lands and to see how much progress has been made on the Crazy Horse memorial. 

Super Contributor

Drythe,

Curious why you chose Cambodia?  I will be going  there next year, as my daughter and her family will be stationed there . They work for the state dept.  This year I visit them in Ethiopia. 

Respected Contributor

I traveled so much in my career and we traveled so much together for fun that I can't think of anywhere I really want to go. When I quit work I was so glad not to be living on airplanes anymore! I have no desire to get on an airplane.  It sounds like work to me.  Been there, done that. I've been all over the world and I enjoyed it at the time but I'm glad I have no desire to do it now.  We both worked so hard in our careers – so many hours, so many weekends – and to me it was a blur of the airports and hotels. We're very content not to have to go anywhere now. It's such a pleasure to be able to breathe deeply and just hang out without packing  bags and dashing off somewhere. It's a real joy to be content where we are.  Little road trips here and there are enough. 

Had I not traveled so much in my career, I'm sure I would feel differently now. But I was lucky to see so many places over such a long period of time.