Respected Contributor

I can honestly say I've never reported anyone, nor would I ever be so moved.  I like reading and posting here because I love learning new things and most of the posters here have given me many smiles, or even belly laughs.

As I do in real life, I simply turn away from what I don't like.  I've learned not to expect others to feel the same as I do about anything.  If everyone were like me, there would be no point to reading anything or interacting with anyone........it would all be boring and predictable!  These boards are a mere reflection of society.  Pease and love to all of you!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Oy.  All of this is just too much for me.  It's a shopping channel message board.  I have no interest in calling corporate, e-mailing the social team, calling them out, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I post what I post and if it gets deleted, so be it. 

I have seen the same posters, always in the threads about LR, posting about the threads getting deleted or asking where the mods are to delete the threads and I wonder why the threads bother them so much but I figure if the mods delete threads because they complain, nothing I can do about it.  I just move on.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Oy.  All of this is just too much for me.  It's a shopping channel message board.  I have no interest in calling corporate, e-mailing the social team, calling them out, yadda, yadda, yadda.  I post what I post and if it gets deleted, so be it. 

I have seen the same posters, always in the threads about LR, posting about the threads getting deleted or asking where the mods are to delete the threads and I wonder why the threads bother them so much but I figure if the mods delete threads because they complain, nothing I can do about it.  I just move on.

It's a shopping channel message board. 

It bears repeating and I wish people who are so bothered by things here just keep repeating this as a mantra.

Fact: You cannot like everyone or be liked by everyone.

There are people here who do not care for me. They can either grumble to themselves every time they see a post of mine... or they can tell me to my face.

I...don't......care.

Anyone who feels the need to "stalk" someone here because they don't like them, or who feels the need to be chronically nasty to someone is the one who has the problem. Their problem. Not mine. That's how you have to look at it.

Respected Contributor

Oy is right.

I'd also like the answer to the question someone asked earlier: How do people know who reported their posts or sig lines? One person even asserted that she thinks the  mods sometimes delete posts without reading them. Huh?

These kinds of statements are pretty reckless unless you have solid evidence to back you up. I've never reported a post here because I have no reason to do so. I'm not a monitor. There are mods. That's their job. It's not my job.

Unless actual harm is being done and it's ongoing, there is no reason to do anything but read something else. "Actual harm" is not the same as "I don't like what she's saying." If you find yourself "harmed" or "triggered," to use the collegiate term, by someone's scathing comments about lime pedal pushers or this season's atrocity in the footwear department, perhaps an adjustment in browsing habits is in order.

Honored Contributor

I suspect that the mods delete posts that some posters whine about because it's just easier to do so than have to deal with the whiner moderator wannabes.

Esteemed Contributor

@QueenDanceALot, I don't know what goes through the moderators mind when they see that someone has reported something, but I believe what happens is that they read it and make a determination as to whether it goes against the standards.

Maybe I'm naive, but I really don't think they delete things because it's the easy thing to do. The really easy thing to do would be to ban the poster who uses the abuse button excessively--something which actually is against standards. 

Honored Contributor

just curious......who HASNT had a post of theirs removed?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

As long as there is the option to "report inappropriate content" on this forum there will always be those who think it's their duty to police the forum or get even or tattle-tale or looking to be offended or whatever else gives them a self gratifying sense of superiority over another poster.   

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

just curious......who HASNT had a post of theirs removed?

I can think of one but it was so long ago I can't remember what I said other than I think it had something to do with the adult child of someone controversial. I can't even remember who it was now--if it was a politician or a celebrity. It may have even been a thread I started. I do recall thinking at the time "Well, I guess that person is off limits!" I remember not being too surprised it was removed. 

Respected Contributor

I seem to remember that when they upgraded almost two years ago, QVC Social said threads were not going to be deleted, only posts removed.  They do both now.