Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@NativeJax wrote:

How do you know someone is reporting you? were you notified by QVC? Well, if that is happening on here it wouldn't surprise me at all. 

Yeah....I read the original post w/ 'raised eyebrow'.

How does the OP know if things were being reported?

Hummmm....fishy, fishaaaa.

Even if someone does report a post they don't like, the mods don't automatically delete it unless it violates the Standards or is hurtful to someone.  If a post was deleted, there was something wrong with it and the poster is usually told why. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@ILTH You can only win when you ignore them.They need the attention and gratification of causing disruption and hurt feelings.I don't care if they don't like me or what I have to say...others do and I never run out of nice posters to chat with.I won't allow anyone to ruin my day with their games because I will just move along to another topic.

Honored Contributor

Noel7 wrote:

chickenbutt wrote:

People who seem to be bothered by siggie lines can put their settings so that they don't see them at all.

When they changed the board a couple years ago I just went through the settings and unchecked a bunch of stuff.  I don't see the sig lines at all.   A sig line, in and of itself, doesn't bother me at all.  But there were always some that were like a paragraph long, or there would be two or three of them.   A sig line is supposed to be one line or less.   Smiley Happy

@chickenbutt

There you go!

Too bad, they miss my seasonal sig lines Woman LOL

Smiley Happy   Sorry you were treated like that, Noel!   You don't deserve it.    But, hey, par for the course here sometimes.   You are always the voice of reason and facts.   Some folks don't like that!

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

People who seem to be bothered by siggie lines can put their settings so that they don't see them at all.

When they changed the board a couple years ago I just went through the settings and unchecked a bunch of stuff.  I don't see the sig lines at all.   A sig line, in and of itself, doesn't bother me at all.  But there were always some that were like a paragraph long, or there would be two or three of them.   A sig line is supposed to be one line or less.   Smiley Happy

I prefer not to see sig lines.   They're annoying, IMO.   I'm glad we have that option 

Honored Contributor

@MRSTH wrote:

Someone has been trolling me all day. First they had innocuous G-rated posts deleted, calling them inappropriate. Now they reported my tagline as inappropriate. It's a quote from "1984", a novel written by George Orwell (an Englishman) and published in 1949.

Good bye

"There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action." – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Please don't leave, push yourself and your right to be here~!  Send an email to the mods, stand your ground.... your contributions have every right to be here.  Don't let someone with an ax to grind (or having a bad day) make you leave, that's what they want!

I hope you stay.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal vendettas

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde,hope this finds you well and warm....I was quite surprised when a mod reached  out to me asking what was wrong.They promised  follow up took  posts info etc. no problem since  they seem to have vanished. They said they take this very  seriously.  thanks for the reply. Happy dreams of spring !Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

@Moonchilde,hope this finds you well and warm....I was quite surprised when a mod reached  out to me asking what was wrong.They promised  follow up took  posts info etc. no problem since  they seem to have vanished. They said they take this very  seriously.  thanks for the reply. Happy dreams of spring !Maryanne ye

I'm very glad you've gotten some help, @Keeper of the koi. We do have some caring, conscientious mods, as time allows them to be. Most really do their best for us.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

Re: Personal vendettas

[ Edited ]

Good grief, now I have heard everything. If people are getting upset by sig lines, they definitely have WAY too much time on their hands.LOL. 

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

A couple questions, a couple thoughts.-

One of the things I like most about hearts, ♥️ is that even when you "tangle" with someone, you may find yourself "in sync" with that same person a couple discussions later and freely ♥️ them.

QUESTION- are posts REALLY removed if other posters complain? If that's the case, it sounds like a power trip to me.

There are times when I'd LOVE to get into a good fierce tangle about politics or religion or other topics deemed controversial BUT- this forum just isn't the place to do that. Their board, their rules. no point in stressing over that.

I prefer he debate when it stays objective but I acknowledge that some posters don't understand that concept, and it seems to follow that the pile-ons seem to occur often when those gals are around. Thinking and speaking using objectivity is a discipline that some posters simply don't have. That's life.

In my opinion only, I enjoy being here, from corned beef recipes to birdfeeders to decorating kitchens. I like a lot of the posters hers, and don't lose sleep over the few I don't.

Peace, Everyone!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

A couple questions, a couple thoughts.-

One of the things I like most about hearts, ♥️ is that even when you "tangle" with someone, you may find yourself "in sync" with that same person a couple discussions later and freely ♥️ them.

QUESTION- are posts REALLY removed if other posters complain? If that's the case, it sounds like a power trip to me.

There are times when I'd LOVE to get into a good fierce tangle about politics or religion or other topics deemed controversial BUT- this forum just isn't the place to do that. Their board, their rules. no point in stressing over that.

I prefer he debate when it stays objective but I acknowledge that some posters don't understand that concept, and it seems to follow that the pile-ons seem to occur often when those gals are around. Thinking and speaking using objectivity is a discipline that some posters simply don't have. That's life.

In my opinion only, I enjoy being here, from corned beef recipes to birdfeeders to decorating kitchens. I like a lot of the posters hers, and don't lose sleep over the few I don't.

Peace, Everyone!

@violann, I did not always believe it, but I have come to believe that some moderators do delete posts that some posters report about certain posters, if that make sense.

I never saw serious inequality until about 4 months ago; now I certainly see posts deleted (not mine) that did not violate the Community Standards in any way, and I see very deliberately rude and unkind posts, which by their very contents must have been reported (and I don't necessarily mean by me - sometimes in threads I'm only reading), that are not removed.

My posts have not changed in content - have in fact gotten milder keeping CS in mind - and more of my posts have been deleted now than when I might have been "pushing it." It happens when certain posters are on the forums at the same time I am, , and/or when I may have had a different opinion in a thread, I'll be "followed" as the OP stated and either ptui tossed my way or several posts of mine deleted by a poster who's just pithed off at me, because they can. It's not unusual, I assume it happens to quite a few posters.

I really do NOT do this, though I'm sure posters believe I do. I might really dislike what someone said or the way they behaved in a thread, but I take each thread individually based on what posters say in that thread. I can't say I "never" do this, but I try hard not to. I heart posters who think I "don't like" them, or who don't like me. And yes, most of us will have a handful of posters they will just never like. But I don't "follow" them and I don't go out of my way to harass them, even if they believe I do.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all