Highlighted
Super Contributor

People who ask your opinion then belittle you if you don't give the right answer

I had this happen to me in real life and it's been bugging me. I have an older relative who is a creative type and she sometimes shows some of her work and asks me what it looks like, what kind of feeling it evokes, etc... Mind you, I can tell there's only one right answer and I try so hard to nail it but when I don't she belittles me that I don't "get it". For the first time I actually stopped her midstream and told her that I'm sick of the whole routine and it got a little touchy.

Oy yoy yoy.... It didn't end well. I'm just ticked off and had to vent. It happened a couple of days ago and I haven't heard back from her. Did I deal with it properly? Will she ever talk to me again? Do I care? (LOL) Anyone have similar experiences? Please share...

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View