Trusted Contributor

Re: People Who Don't Say Thank You

I couldnt give a rats rear end what other people do or say to be perfectly honest. I dont have the time or health to spend on negativity and nit picking the behaviors of others. I can only control my own reactions and my own responses to others. Yup some people dont say thank you and it depends on what is not aknowledged they just might not get another gift next year....depends on situation.....easy peasy Come to think of it maybe someone who always has the victim mentality and focuses on the negative would drain me alot more right now being terminally ill.

Honored Contributor

Stormygirl, I can understand why this all seems so petty to you.  I'm sorry for what you're going through.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Stormygirl wrote:

I couldnt give a rats rear end what other people do or say to be perfectly honest. I dont have the time or health to spend on negativity and nit picking the behaviors of others. I can only control my own reactions and my own responses to others. Yup some people dont say thank you and it depends on what is not aknowledged they just might not get another gift next year....depends on situation.....easy peasy Come to think of it maybe someone who always has the victim mentality and focuses on the negative would drain me alot more right now being terminally ill.

Wow, couldn't agree more if I tried.  The upside is I now know whom not to waste time with my advice with anymore here, shrugs...........

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree, my nephews wife does the same thing, I threw her baby shower and no thank you,watch the baby for free, and gave gifts for birthdays, not one thank you not even a text. I ask my brother whats up with this and he says it a generational thing, dont buy it.

Frequent Contributor

@september wrote:

I think it's manners 101.  I do it automatically, even when I've been less than pleased with an interaction.  (I have other ways to respond later, if needed)

I also wish people would either respond with "you're welcome" or "thank you, too" and not "no problem".

ITA!

Honored Contributor

Are you doing a good thing only to get a response or attention?   Do for others out of the goodness of your heart and let it go.  If they say thank you, great.  If not, no big deal because you did something nice.   

Respected Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@reiki604 wrote:

Life is too precious and short to waste time, thought or energy on such minutiae. The way other people behave is on them. I can only control my behavior and reactions.

Yes!

It's not even a blip on my radar if someone doesn't say, "Please", or "thank-you", or if they say, "No problem".

Why waste energy getting upset.

It isn't going to affect them any. You (general meaning) are only going to make yourself upset, and what good does that do anybody?

I say no problem.  I dont understand why  this is an issue?

When someone orally thanks you for something in English the most polite thing to do is to acknowledge their response in full by saying You Are Welcome.  To reply with No Problem suggests that they needn't have said anything, which is rude to my ear.  

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed a lack of " thank you " manners in my area.  I hear it a lot.  Even the hundreds of trick or treaters I get each year are so overly polite, I am stunned.

What I have noticed is a lack of manners when people push you, bump into you or accidentally hit you with something. They just ignore you or say a quick sorry like they don't really mean it.

Recently a middle age man rammed a suitcase into my legs and already painful knee.  I screamed in pain because it hurt like h*ll.  He didn't even acknowledge me so I kinda hollered at him.  He said it was an accident and not his fault, so he didn't owe me an apology.

Valued Contributor

Well, there are certainly some high-minded folks posting here.  Just give, give, give, and never, ever expect so much as a simple "thank you" in return.

I figure that if Jesus himself could be hurt by ingratitude ("Were there not ten healed?"), a mere mortal can be pardoned for feeling the occasional twinge myself. I don't freak out over it, or obsess about it, but I do note it for future reference and tailor my actions accordingly.

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Respected Contributor

JBKO..you owe nobody one more bit of explanation.

you did not create a new account. You changed your nic on your CURRENT account. I see it done on here often..and a couple posters do not even acknowledge it when people post the question..months later they are now considered that nic and it is not even mentioned.

I read most of the post i question..while I don't agree with the suite lol...it is up to you..on that note..but the rest was just pure normal bs around here.

So take it where it is coming from. It was not dishonest in anyway..

Again MANY have done that..changed their nic on their CURRENT account...it is allowed..you obviously felt you were not that important and I don't mean that in a bad way but a lol way..that people would really care lol..

I would continue on..and if some feel the need to be snarky..ignore them..it is on them..not you!