Honored Contributor

People Mag. is reporting the family of Bobbi Christina

Is at the hospital preparing to say their good-byes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Re: People Mag. is reporting the family of Bobbi Christina

I am sorry to hear this but I believe well knew in our deepest of hearts this would be the outcome. I do know, and speak from experience, the neuro Docs at Emory are the best.. I do hope the truth about whatever happened in that condo comes out..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I honestly haven't been following this story. I had no idea it was this bad. My heart goes out to that family.

Honored Contributor

It's very sad.

Trusted Contributor

Is it known yet what caused her death?

Honored Contributor

I was leaning towards a seizure of some kind, but Gordon claims she called him threatening to harm herself. I believe they found some weed in the home, not sure about anything else.....

Respected Contributor

I was praying it wouldn't come to this...

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Very sad.

Honored Contributor

IF she used this, like her Mother did, and the doctors certainly know if she did, this could be the result:

Crack causes a short-lived, intense high that is immediately followed by the opposite—intense depression, edginess and a craving for more of the drug. People who use it often don’t eat or sleep properly. They can experience greatly increased heart rate, muscle spasms and convulsions. The drug can make people feel paranoid,, angry, hostile and anxious—even when they aren’t high.

Regardless of how much of the drug is used or how frequently, crack cocaine increases the risk that the user will experience a heart attack, stroke, seizure or respiratory (breathing) failure, any of which can result in sudden death.

Honored Contributor

After this amount of time, she would have never been her normal self again, so in a way this is a better outcome. What a tragedy for that family.

My ex-husband had a stroke twelve years ago and didn't breathe for almost ten minutes, but he survived. He is still going strong at 81 physically, but needs help with everything, remembers very little, and it's a tragedy to see such a dynamic man end up that way. He lives 3,000 miles away, so he sees the girls only sporadically, and then promptly forgets them. I must say his third wife has plenty of help for him, they were well off to begin with and he received a huge retirement package. So he is well cared for and I have always expected that he will outlive me. However, I would rather die than end up with that kind of "existence."

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986